News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Battery Question

Started by banascar, March 20, 2002, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banascar

I recently became a '82 Vision owner.  I bought the bike with the problem that it runs off the battery.  It does not charge while I'm riding.  Therefore, I can ride it for about a day or two before I need to recharge the battery.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jeff

Welcome to the wonderful world of visions.  I would almost bet your stator is shot.  If you haven't replace one on a vision you haven't owned one long enough.  :(  Common problem, I'm on my third.  Look on Lucky's page for more info on resources to replace or rewind..

Jeff

Lucky

There is good news though, If you use the Electrex stator and hard wire it in (do away with both connectors on both sides of the reg/rec) you shouldn't have to replace the stator for a loooong time if ever.

If you do the Starter clutch bolt modification, you shouldn't have to ever pull the left engine cover again.

My site is here: Vision Resources:  http://www.geocities/lucky_142

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

banascar

Thanks for the help guys! :) I will let you know how it turns out.  This Vision group is awesome!  Being a new owner/rider I'm glad to know there are others out there that can help. :