News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

QBS needs parts help

Started by QBS, March 08, 2002, 07:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

While recently giving my beloved '83 a bath I discovered that one of the four very special screw/metal washer/fiber washer assemblies that attach the lower fairing pieces to the sides of the upper fairing, had deposited itself on a unknown road.  These assemblies are very specific to the RK fairing.  If you have an '83(or an '82 with the '83 fairing) you know what I'm talking about.  Even though I'm sure that a functional replacement could be devised, it certainly would not look stock.

If any of my Vnary brothers has such an assembly that they are willing to sell, I would be happy to pay a very fair price for it.  Contact me at QBS@ev1.net.  Your help is certainly appreciated.  Cheers.

XRay_Vision

Hi,

According to Bike Bandit, all the screws, and washers are still available from Yamaha. I know, I know, its expensive but...

Screw 90149-06183-00 ; 1.98$
washer plate 90201-066g2-00 ; 1.26$
washer plate 90201-055g9-00 ; 1.30$ x2 (1 inside, 1 outside)

Good luck

X-Ray Vision

QBS

XRV:Thank you very much for the reply and suggestion.  I went by a local Yamaha shop Saturday and ordered replacement parts.  Their parts numbers don't match your screw # and one of the washer #s.  However, I did point out the specific items from the dealerships' micro fiche.  So we'll just have to wait and see if what comes in is right.  They had the screw in stock and it appears to correct.  Thanks again. Cheers.

XRay_Vision

Hi QBS,

They probably gave you these 2 numbers:
Screw 98980-06020-00
washer plate 90201-065F3-00

Yamaha has the bad habit of changing (updating) their part numbers when it comes to bolts, nuts, screws, washer. However, sometimes the part ain't the same. It fits, but their might be a little change in the finish or shape of the item. Some other times, you can't even see a difference, then why a new number ?
X-Ray Vision

QBS

Right you are!  Your above quoted part #s match those that I ordered from the deal on Saturday.  Thanks again for your help.  Cheers.

jasonm.

Heck, I used silver metric screws(available anywhere) and "black chrome" plastic caps. Looks trick...that black chrome. Drag Spec. part.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules