News:

Main Menu

Racing Visions

Started by Sprinter, March 05, 2002, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprinter

Are any of you guys who road race Visions going to be coming to Hallet this year?

Jeff Swan if your out there, I would like to know a little about your racing Vision.

Feel free to contact me off the list if you want.

Terry Sanderson

jefferson

Thanks for asking, but I really don't know if I will get the Vision down there or not. I will be racing with an endurance team there for the WERA events. I would like to get there with the racebike since they repaved some of the corners. Oak Hill did the same do I would also like to get back there. My emphasis right now is on my FZR400/Vision project. Things are starting to come together and I'm pretty excited about it. With alot of time and money maybe I can race it after I retire. Hopefully it won't take near that long.
There isn't a whole lot I would have to do to get the Vision going again, so I will have to see. I have some parts ordered for it that haven't come in yet, caliper and petcock rebuild kits as well as some needles for the carbs. Then there would be some work on brackets to move the calipers out so the twin 82 discs will work. I am pretty interested in how much better the brakes will be after that.
If something comes together and I can make the first race in May I will post something here. Take care,

Jeff

Sprinter

Jeff,

I'd like to know what all you have done to your Vision to make it raceable. I would also like to know more about the FZR/Vision race bike.

I plan to go to Hallet at least couple of time this year, so hopefully we can meet there.  Unless finances change the plan for this year is to spectate and take photos, next year I am hoping to have a vintage race bike and make a few races.

Thanks,

Terry