Aftermarket Rear Shock

Started by ProfessorRex, March 27, 2005, 01:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfessorRex

I saw this on eBay today, looks pretty cool, I wonder what it is?  Anyone recognize it?  I'm not going to bid on it so don't worry about bidding against me if any of yall want it.

Item #4539298858  
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4539298858
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

kiawrench

looks a lot like a FOX racing shock with res.   saw only one before, and it was mangled .  that looks to be new .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Makes me wish I hadn't just bought an 83 shock.  At least it was inexpensive & in good shape.  Oh well - happy bidding to those who need or want it!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

F.Y.I.
   This Shock looks identical to the Fox shock I have on my 83,Only difference I see is the ends on mine have adapters that fit it to the vision's mounts & the nitrogen canister says Fox on it. Can't tell what the length is by the photo's
    Works Performance does a shock for the Vision as well.
             Spring Riding- It's Great !
 Cheers Ken S
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

kiawrench

I did some digging, this is a fox "race"shock for a Vision,,, the seller typed in xv550,,, but it should have been xz550,,,,
  it seems to all be present,, even the cannister bumpers are on hand,,, good deal for someone looking for a rear shock set up,,,, muti adjustable, both in spring rate ,and gas preload
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dtknox

Works Performance does make a shock for the Vision, but is is adjustable for preload only.

I saw a photo of Fox once and this does look like it. I have been looking for a replacement shock so I will be bidding on this item.

Thank's

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

ProfessorRex

Good luck!  I won't be competing with your bid, if you win, make a post about how that shock feels.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

jasonm.

The shock appears to no longer be listed....
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

ProfessorRex

Weird, they ended it then re-listed it.  I updated the link in my first post to show the new page, and item#

EH

I used the rubber remote reservoir mounts from a 1986 Suzuki GSXR 750 to mount the remote reservoir from my Works Performance shock absorber to the rectangular tubing leading from the lower shock mount down to the axle. Some minor trimming and they are a perfect fit to that tubing. I also used the clamps from the same machine to hold it all in place.

jasonm.

Yes, it's relisted. BUT Usually the damping adjustments are on the shock. Not the reservoir. Am I wrong? Fox made the "twin clicker". But the pic only shows one knob? Any input would be appreciated.

Ken Williams

I have a Fox shock that looks like the one for sale.  The box mine came in says:
 Twin-Clicker.  Red Knob on reservoir offers choice of 8 compression damping settings.  Blue Knob at end of shaft provides choice of 40 rebound damping settings.  This shock, like mine, appears not to have the blue knob for adjusting rebound damping.  I like the Fox shock much better than the stock 83 shock.

Ken Williams

The damping adjustment knob affects damping by controlling oil flow between the oil filled shock and the reservoir.  There is a small tag on the side of the box mine came in that states ?single clicker?.  As I recall, Fox did not offer a twin clicker model for the Vision.  

jasonm.

Funny it would only have comp damping. Rebound is the one that prevents pogoing. That's what any OEM has these days. Rebound is oil return to the shock, comp is oil to the reservoir. It must be a rebound adj. for the one on ebay. Anything else would be backwards. ?So Ken, Is yours a twin or single clicker? Two adjustments or one?