CROV spring run.. It was fantastic!

Started by glennw, March 07, 2005, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

Dave,
Can you put up some basic directions in the next couple of weeks for everbody?
Thanks, Glenn
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Had a rainy day Sunday so I worked on the 83.
Starter clutch is now repaired. So, Brother Dwight could ride it for the meet.
More Visions equals more fun.
Bob Puffer may want to join us on Saturday on either his VX Suzuki or his RZ. He would just ride in for the day.

glennw

Half Mad Max

supervision

Ok you vision riders, this is how you get to the cabin.  Take hwy 108 through Sonora,  up past the Twain Harte area the road becomes narrow and tight.  It's only about four or six curves up the road you will see a sign Sugarpine, Ca.   Just past that sign there is a small road that parraells  the hwy, take it .   100' turn right, take it 200' turn right...  this puts you on "Pine Lake Drive"  you will be going down hill for maybe 1/2 mile. when the downhill bottoms out, the cabin is on the left. There is a sighn  out front that says Schali Chalet.    
" border="0

supervision

If you miss the little road, you can go past Kelly's Kitchen and turn right back behind the resturant then you need to turn left and then right to get started on Pine Lake Drive.     There is a gas-mini mart called Zak's  has a phone booth  Cabin phone #  209  586-4768       My home  # is 209 632-9042  or cell 209 485-2049  Dave
" border="0

Don Minor

Another blown engine on the little"v". This one lasted less than a minute, I guess the repaired crank was not up to the task.
   I will try to get the other one ready for the road, or I'll just ride my daily driver.
   See you in 2 weeks.
Don :-/

Coil Coyle

I am just joining the Visions on the roads of Northern Cal as soon
as I get a back tire for this 20K 83 I just bought. ;D

Do any of you have a favorite set of tires for say Highway 1 from the bridge north in the rain?

Maybe we will be able to ride by for a breif visit on your spring
run :D

glennw

Coil XZ... do we put you down for a place in the cabin?
GlennW

ONLY 9 days...yahoo..I better get mine running!
Half Mad Max

Superfly

Well, the painting is going slower than planned.... compressor broke... so no shiny vision for the run.... black primer it is!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Don Minor

;)New V is kicking,BUT not enough to ride,YET! Should be ready for the fall run.
  Yes I will still show up on the daily rider. See you all next weekend.
 Don

glennw

Ok... The V is up with the new brakes... 4 days to go!
YA-HOO.  ;D
I expect Ron and I to arrive between 12 & 2 pm on Friday.
Looking forward to seeing everbody again and meeting some new V riders.  8)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Well, I've got two running visions and only one rider.
brother Dwight has a Taikwondo training commitment.
I Will see if Robert Puffer wants to ride one. That would be Saturday only.
I'm going to try to be out early on Friday to check out some of the roads.
We'll see you then.

Brian Moffet

Have fun guys, sorry I can't make it but my May just got way too busy. I'll try for the Fall run.

Brian (still dirty after all these years...)

h2olawyer

QuoteBrian (still dirty after all these years...)

I thought that was "patina".

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

Hey guys since I'm driving up.. anybody need any 82 parts that I can throw in the trailer... ?

I'm looking to convert my V back to the 83 risers if anybody has a set they can bring along ... let me know how much you want for them.

Let me know by Thursday afternoon!

Glenn W

Half Mad Max

supervision

Hey Glenn and Ron, are you taking Sharon to Oakdale? is that still happening?
" border="0

veloce430

Well, it doesn't look like I'll make it this time since the motorhome is still in the shop. 1600 mile round trip on the slab on the Vision would be too hard on my old back. If it's not raining I'll get some riding in, otherwise I'll work on the Yellow Vision (Sulecki's), installing the '83 shock anf relocating the R/R. The red '82 will be on display May 22 at the OVM (Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists) show and swap meet in Corvallis ,OR. Unfortunately LAST year the featured marque was Yamaha  :(

glennw

Send to my friends on how I'm spending this week end:

Remember 1982? Federally mandated 55 mph speed limits, Our late great President Reagan? Bill Clinton was still a hick in Arkansas.... and we were all 23 years younger!  Well way back in 1982 & 83 Yamaha produced the much maligned V- Twin Vision model. Produced for only two years the "V" (as it will be referred to hereafter) as with all things requires only a little love, patience and understanding to be truly appreciated.

This weekend will be the second annual "California Rides of Vision" spring run. A select group of odd ducks of the two wheeled world will join in the sharing of the V.
The first gathering took months to wrangle up 6 bikes from all over the state. This year we expect 12-15 bikes. Spring 05 will see us ply the back roads roads of the North Western Sierra's.  Imagine all the smells of a mountain spring being pushed into your senses as you ride the Sierra's spring bloom. Sweet!

Through the generosity of one rider we have a large cabin near the town of Twain Harte to ride from.  We all come to ride... and ride we do...  from morning till night.
No posing on the Boulevard, no V's parked in front of the bars and no balding men with bandanna's and a ponytail. No wannabes here. We may not have the most expensive, shiniest, or fastest bikes... but few enjoy  leaning into a curve more than us. We ride... simply to ride. Evening turns to talk of future V modifications and various forms of  verbal exaggeration. A few adult beverages let everybody forget that we are no longer 20 years olds as the old muscles tighten up.

And in the morning we will start off again, up or down some winding road we have yet to travel. Ah bliss.....So while you are stuck in town this weekend.. remember us and our V's.... out there having a great time with the only other folks who could understand this strange addiction to a machine most would have abandoned by now .... And should anybody ask where I am.. well just tell them I'm out with a 23 year old for the weekend...

See ya next week!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

ProfessorRex

QuoteRemember 1982?  Our late great President Reagan? Bill Clinton was still a hick in Arkansas....

I suppose Reagan's experiance as an actor and graduate of Eureka College make Clinton look like a hick.

Oh wait... Clinton graduated from Georgetown University and in 1968 won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University. He received a law degree from Yale University in 1973... He was Govenor of Arkansas in 1982

I supose those 23yrs have dulled your memory some 8)

Let's leave politics to the politics, and Visions to this board.  Niether Democrats, nor Republicans can help us cure the Vision Stumble!

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

glennw

So to offend you.. Rex
Since you were not born in 1982 how can you judge Mr Reagan?
Oh your teachers told you I see...
Can you tell me being and actor is any less noble than being in politics ?
Half Mad Max