News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

note on shop tools /bigger stuff

Started by kiawrench, March 20, 2005, 04:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

Superfly,blake ,and others:
 ? ?Anytime you are in need of the more expensive shop equipment,such as plamsa cutters,tig welders,mig welders that work, tube/pipe benders,,,,, do it ithe easy way, every vocational school has an automotive dept,and they use a good bit of these tools,and they also have machine shop classes as well as welders
 ? ? if i am in need of a part i dont have the tools or skills for, i go to the local vocational school, talk to the instructor, pay for (or bring) my material, then we set it up as a project for the upper level students>
result : part i needed ,and done right, another grade for student, enhanced goodwill between my dealership service dept and the instructors .
 ? ?now true , i did donate a couple of project cars to the school, but hey, with over 100k on the clickers, resale was ugly.
 ? ?the point is,,, tech schools have the tools, we have the ideas, get them together and we all benifit .(at about 1/5 the price of regular shop too)
 ? ?
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .