A great idea thanks to Lucky.
where are the best places to ride, to camp out, or the places
to stay away from... etc.

If anyone wants any of their postings moved to this section
please let me know.

thanks.

-Ron

Dave T.

Good idea!  I can finally post a riding trip experience here instead of going to other fourms. Is the V reliable enough finally for Goin Ridin'? I was going for a ride today. About 250 miles. Now I will have a place to post when I get back.

I'm goin riding!

Now we just gotta get a group ride organized.

Later!   :)
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Coil Coyle

I got my petcock together and topped up the battery charge.
Headed in 116 to 101 south to reaquaint myself with two wheels and shaft drive.
At the Golden Gate I decided I did not want to do rush hour north to get home so I headed up Hwy 1. At Marshall I found a road back to Monte Rio by Bohemian Grove.
I stopped for gas with fear and loathing, and it started
 ;D
I need to synch carbs, the front cylinder is behind. After checking the front exhaust clearance, it pops when the pipe is flooded.
I need to verify the swing arm bearings, it wiggles when dragging the pegs in bumps.
Putting through 25 mile zones at 2500rpm feels so good.
Accelerating out of hairpins from 7500rpm balances all of the trouble of ownership.
Best $879.57 I have spent so far in my life. 8)

coil

Walt_M.

You might want to recheck your valve clearance, if I'm reading you right. Slight backfire off-throttle can be a sign of too-tight valve clearance. If you synch your carbs and the popping doesn't stop, adjust the valve clearance and you'll need to re-synch the carbs. No sense doing everything twice, unless you like the practice!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

Sorry Walt, he needs to synq the carbs & set the pilots first. weird as it sounds, that'll cause poping back also.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

I'm just getting to know this machine so I think I will do them both.
My shim tool it overdue and so are my carb kits.
Gonna be awful hard to spend a day working on it when the riding is so good ::)

Thanks for this site Ron. :-*

coil