News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Shes runnin

Started by fiddlesticks, September 18, 2004, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlesticks

We have been working on our Vision for a few weeks now. It was running pretty bad when we first bought it. She took her first run on the the road today since we bought her. I am proud to report that the bike is now running like a champ. ?:) :) :)
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

fiddlesticks

Looks like I spoke too soon. Day 2 started with a slightly longer ride, and has ended with the diff. puking out fluid. Back to square one we go.  ???
1 Black 82 Virago 750

fiddlesticks

We have sorted out the diff problem now and have been riding the bike almost every day this week. With the new avon on it is a much more enjoyable ride. Has anyone else noticed that the bike just seems to run better and better if its run every day? It starts up now with barely any throttle at all, and half choke on the first try.
Last night was our longest ride yet. We must have been out for about an hour. What a fun bike to ride. I cant wait to go out again. Now I wonder how we got along for so long without a bike. I cant imagine not having it. 8) What a great way to spend quality time with your hubby. Or to just unwind when your by yourself. All the days stress from work just melts away.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Cdnlouie

Way to go!   8) Enjoy the fall season in TO.  Make sure you change all your fluids so you know what you've got.  Glad you got the rear-end sorted out.

Louie

louthepou

Quote: "Last night was our longest ride yet. We must have been out for about an hour. What a fun bike to ride. I cant wait to go out again. Now I wonder how we got along for so long without a bike. I cant imagine not having it."

Ah... thanks (sincerely) for reminding me how I felt, too, during my first few rides on a Vision back in... 1987 ?!? Gee.

About the "can't imagine not having it" part... Well, if you ever get to try, good luck. As hard as I tried over the years, there's no way I could actually get rid of the Vision Curse. It's like that Hotel California song. "You can sell it any time you like, but the Vision never leaves..." (replace guitar solo with revving engine exhaust note)

Lou the Pou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lead_Deficiency

Hey fiddlesticks,

Nice to hear the V's rollin. Will you guys be up for the 10th ?

Cdnlouie

I'm probably available in the afternoon.  I might be able to catch up with some of you at a point. Touch and go with this Thanksgiving time.  I am thankful for the day and all the good friends who like to get together.

Louie

fiddlesticks

We are hoping to join the ride. Its a little iffy being thanksgiving and all. The only thing left to fix on the bike (for now) is the fork seals. The leaky one is actually getting worse because we have been doing so much riding with both of us on the bike. Once that is done she will be ready for a long run.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Walt_M.

Yes, they do run better the more often you ride! About those fork seals, you should do something about it before you get oil on the brake disk. It doesn't take a lot to get your attention! You may be able to slow the leaks by slipping a piece of 35mm camera film between the inside surface of the seal and the fork leg. You can maybe dislodge any dirt that might be in there. Also, try changing your fork oil to a good quality ATF, doesn't cost much to try and it might work until the snow flies. Otherwise, seals and outer wipers are still available from Yamaha, not too expensive.
Whale oil beef hooked!