WHEW...

Started by Dave T., May 08, 2004, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

Went for a 175 mile ride this afternoon and the V ran almost too good. I spent most of my time going 20 mph over the speed limit ?::). I can wheelie it in 1st without clutching it. 2nd it's barely possible. Anyway, about 5 miles from home I signal to make a turn and there is a cop sittin' there and he proceeds to turn the disco lights on. So I pull over and he asks me how fast I was going, I say "35," ?:-X he says "47." ?:o. I drop my head in shame (30 mph zone). He says, "Nice night for a ride huh?" I said, "Well, it was." 5 minutes later after checking my record through INTERPOL, FBI, and the Pentagon, he comes back and says I'm gonna give you a warning. So I say, "thank you."

I got away with that one. I got pulled over in the same area last year in my truck and also got let off with a warning.

Must be my lucky day... ?;D May the force be with you...
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Lucky

The Gods look at us & say "Stators, R/R's &  carbs. You've been thru enough. lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

My last speeding ticket was on the Vision, in 1985! I was going 88 in a 55. The cop was really pretty good about it but he still gave me a ticket, and he was right. He asked me why I was going 88 and I told him it felt good. He smiled and wrote me up!
Whale oil beef hooked!