Central Ca. Stator, R/R test run

Started by supervision, April 11, 2004, 05:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

It was a fine morning for a ride, so after going over the bikes to remove the dust and shine em up a bit we took off for  a nice ride about 30 mi. west of Patterson, Ca.  Up into Del Puerto canyon we went, turned around at a place called  The  Junction.  After being fed up with charging problems, it was nice to remind my self how fun these bikes are to ride. Running great, charging great  100mi. round trip  hot like 80+ here today, need to do some high elevation passes as soon as possible, cool up there..  Hope everone's getting their bikes in order..    Paid $2.49 for 76' Premeum  at I-5 Patterson, that was special!   What the hell, remember when gas was .30/gal  but I only made $3,000 per year.   It's the rapid increase in price that's shockin us.  
" border="0

gbranche

I have a suggestion for your next ride: turn left at The Junction and follow the road up to Mount Hamilton observatory. Spend an hour or so looking around, and then continue your ride down the other side into San Jose. I'll have a cool beverage waiting for you when you get here.  ;D

Greg

Rick G

Yes I remember . In the early sixtys I paid 19 cents  a gallon during a gas war, driving  was almost the cheapest thing a young man could do for an evenings entertainment, almost !! LOL ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

Yea Greg, one day we should meet up for a cool one, I've been toying with the idea of going south and meeting you  guys may 1-2 , I  was thinking of just showing up early on sunday and riding around with you guys..for the day..might haul my bike down their..           Rick, gas seemed so easy, I recall tossin in $3.00 and have a full tank to cruise with ,  I had a big ole galaxy 500   dogmobile..  
" border="0

jone

you have CHEAP fuel there.It costs about 4,4$ / gall
here in Finland,and we can ride about 6 months of the year
rest of the time all snow & ice.
enjoy your rides out there ;)
jone