Minneapolis, MN

Started by Dave T., September 22, 2002, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

I am dissapointed, I thought there would be more posts in this new section. Oh well... ? :'(

Enough of that.

I know Minneapolis is a large area, so I will comment on the whole area. My boss has been a big Harley rider for the last 10 years and I have went on a few rides with him the last couple of years with the "Harley type" riders. They may seem kinda dirty, kinda old, and kinda like junkyard dogs, but man, they are good people if you are just nice to them (and have a black leather jacket on, he he).

Anyway, we went on a ride last night, mostly bar hoppin'. It started out with 3 of us, my V, my bosses 72 FLH and his friends 2002 Road King. So were out riding out where I'm buying my new condo in a couple of weeks. Here is a link of the Yamaha dealer where I like to get all my Yamaha stuff at: http://www.stboni.com ?Any way, my boss asked his girlfriend in the bar if she would show him her breasts (they called them the "other" word) and in a crowded bar she did. He proceeded to take a picture. I missed the first one, but she "posed" again and got a glimpse. VERY NICE. So we proceed to the next bar, then they said they were going downtown. So I say OK. Next thing you know there is 6 of us going to an actual HELLS ANGELS MN chapter party. So I say, I'm there. After a $10 cover charge I'm right in the middle of a hells angles party with about 300 people and lots of leather and bald heads. Live band too, I was a little tipsy so I headed out early to avoid getting a DUI. It was a nice night in downtown Minneapolis.

I just took another ride tonight by myself around Lake Minnetonka and the temp was about 58 degrees F. I found some awesome lake roads that were about as straight as a circle and was havin a blast. Since my V was runnin so good I thought I'd get the R's up a bit. Man, up around 9000 rpm this V just kicked ass tonight. I can't believe how hard it pulled. I always new this motor could really go and tonight it did. It reminded my of watching Colin Edwards race with that on board camera, watching that needle swing past 10,000 rpm on each shift. I sure like the high revvin' V-twin sound.

Sweet. ?;)
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)