News:

Main Menu

Insurance problems

Started by greener, February 17, 2003, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver_Bullet

That's cool Jason-never looked at it that way.  They just want proof that you have some type of medical coverage(thru work, etc.) that gives you at least 10K(after deductable)of medical coverage.  I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how the law got put in.  It's up for renewal, after the recent highway safety  meeting I went to, looks like they'll push hard to make a  standard "mandatory" helmet law.  Oh, by the way, if you are under 15 yoa, you "must" wear an approved bicycle helmet!
Mark
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

ricks_83

my renewal from progressive and they want an outrageouse 75$ for the year and i am really upset with only one speeding ticket in 5 years  and not even on my bike some states have some classes that will allow you to lose some points on your record 3 two hour classes will drop 3 points off your record if your insurance cries  :'(  to bad in idaho it makes about 75$ so you might check your driving record  and find out what you can do to remove some points. In  some states it has to be court ordered but you can attend without getting a ticket so you might be able to do something .  
             i put a cop condom  (radar detector and lazer)  in my fairing and hooked the warning beeper to the horn and the light indicator into the turn signal flasher and it has saved my butt  several times

zvberkov

Hi,

Does anyone know where to get a decent price on bike insurance in Ontario?

I don't own my Vision anymore, since I sold it earlier this year, however I do still have a Yamaha Maxim 750 which I am looking to insure.

So far, the best price I have received is $750.  That seems quite high, considering all my experience and good rating.

When I got my first motorcycle, insurance was only $250/yr., and that was my only mode of transportation.

Now that I have several cars which I use for transportation, and 7 years of riding experience, I thought I could get a good rate for motorcycle ins., but so far no luck.

I am a licensed school bus driver, limousine driver, Driving Instructor, and I fly airplanes.  No tickets or accidents on record.  But, for some reason, I can't seem to find any of those $300 deals on liability insurance.

sgrprincees

I don't know where you can get a better rate, but I think you should certainly keep looking.  I am 16 years old and my parents called their insurance agent about insurance for me and it would be only $200 US for comprehensive insurance for 6 months.  So if I am able to get that rate, most adults should be able to do a lot better.

sgrprincees

That is through State Farm.

zvberkov

I see you mentioned US$$, meaning you are somewhere in the US.  

Just like every state has different insurance regulations, so does every province in Canada.  

The same insurance you would get say somewhere in Montana could cost 10 times as much in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.