News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Conversations with Jeff Swan

Started by Rick G, March 14, 2004, 09:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I finally found jeff Swans phone number (for you new guys  he's the rider on the Vision racer , in red and white leathers on the forum masthead, he's responsable for the  ROV news letter)
I called his home and  his wife informed me that he was at the fire station and gave me the number. W e have a nice 30 min. conversation, before the alarm went off and he had to go.
We talked about  Vision racers and oil coolers and he confirmed  some things for me .
Whether a bike is liquid or air cooled has little effect on oil temp. He feels that an oil cooler would help reduce stator temp. While the stator and flywheel are not submirged in oil  the flywheel picks up the oil and distribites it in the form of a fne mist all around the stator.
He  gave me the phone number of anouther Vision racer ( the one  I called 3/4years ago , who built the 750) he is very familiar with adding an oil cooler to a Vision , and I will call him this week.
I'm sorry , I was unable to ride this weekend (and how)  my doctor gave me  a shot of Cortisone in my left sholder friday and i was forbidden from picking up anything heavey or straining at all . it seems that this can cause the cotisone to squart back put the hole it was put in and wasting 140.00 . so' i sat around here , bored to tears ! I couldn't even pust ny bike outside to polish it.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike