The longest.....

Started by Humber, August 08, 2002, 01:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

OK, I forgot to mention that our Vision is the most ugly, most beautiful, the longest and of course the shortest, and the fastest and the slowest, and of course the biggest and the smallest, what else??? and of course IS THE BEST

Anyway, tell me who has done the longest trip on V?????????
nie ma podpis?w

glennw

In May I put 2300 miles in 8 days on the V, with no problems.
Half Mad Max

Jim Giordano

Back in 96 i put 7800 miles on mine in two weeks .sore as hell from riding only thing that went wrong was my body give out before the bike.

George R. Young

Once a year since new, 4000km/2400mi Ottawa to the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cut short once in Roanoke by alternator failure. Scheduled for the first week of September this year.

QQBS

The fall of '99.  Houston,TX to southern California and back.  5000 miles, 15 days.  Last day milage: 1100 miles in 17 hours.  Cheers.

Rick G

Mister Q  you are a true iron butt!!  well done!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

QQBS

Rick G.:  Thank you for the complement.  I was a little younger then and really didn't want to spend another night on the road.  Needless to say, The V will cruise at whatever speed you want forever as long as your butt holds out.  Its' a really great high speed long distance sport tourer. Mine is still definitly not for sale.  Cheers.

Paul_Jungnitsch

Back when I first bought my bike in '87 I spent the summer touring Canada from one end to the other, Victoria to Newfoundland. 26,000 km (but over 4 months), 1 stator, the last leg with the stator blown again and me with the lights disconnected and charging the battery back up every night.

Happily the replacement stator has lasted the 40,000 km since then with no problems.  :)