everything must go!!!

Started by z537z, May 20, 2003, 04:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z537z

So I've got the bike in the garage and it's being taken apart.

Anybody need electrical stuff? Everything minus the headlight is perfect folks. Lights for dash, lights for oil/highbeam/neutral panel, wires for everything, the units with the turn signals and horn buttons, high beam switch. The choke is great, the front brake master cylinder is up for grabs (anybody need a new one? Mine's brand new OEM, got it like 100 miles ago), and I'll check it out but the brake disc might be ok too.

Engine is tip top, I'd like to sell it as a unit. Asking 200$ plus shipping, maybe 150.
Rear monoshock is perfect. Both wheels with recent tires on them.
Rear brake assembly is fine. Taillight, rear blinkers, seat (recently refrurnished, it's nice) are all good to go. Horn unit, and the Yamaha logo'd plastic piece that goes over it is fine.

Electrical box next to battery with all its components inside is fine, my bike always worked perfectly electrically.

Stators are recently replaced, cheap if you need one last minute. Frame damage? I got a frame. Haha, that'd be last to take off, eh?

Kickstand, pegs are ok, exhaust is good.

Hopefully this list reminded you of something! It's all priced to move here in Maine, will ship.

email me with q's but I check this forum daily as well.

sander@wpi.edu

Thanks!

_z

Sable

I just fired off an e-mail to you  8)
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

z537z

Where'd you go Sable? Emailed you back.

Everyone: I got the bike stripped down to everything this weekend:

-Exhaust FRONT pipes (from Cyl 1 exhaust) are good (back's rusted up).
-Brake light and turn signals are mint.
-Engine's up for grabs!
-Carbs are still really good.
-Kickstand, centerstand.
-Rear brake foot pedal and assembly.
-Rear pegs
-Rear wheel with driveshaft and brake assembly.
-Front wheel
-Front brake disc

Other stuff I'm sure, lemme know whatcha need, I got 82 parts in my garage that need to go.

_z

mark

are these parts for 82 or 83? if it is 82, I am interested in the carbs. how much to ship to 71118?

z537z

82!!!

The carbs are very nice, there's tarnish junk (like with any used engine part) on the outside but my engine fed BEAUTIFULLY.

I can clean up what I can on the outside, they won't need a rebuild for a long time at this rate.

Mark, UPS.com estimates about 9$ for UPS ground shipping. That's conservative, prob 7 or so (I put in that it's 5 lbs: It's less) I'm in Maine FYI.

An update for everyone else, I got more parts to list.

-Rear fender with liscence plate mount and light.
-Electrical everything! Wires, bulbs for display panels, all the relays etc.
-Front brake disc is straight, I'll give a money back guarantee in case it's warped at all.
-Rear blinkers are the same as front ones, so if you need either I got em, mint.
-Plastic parts next to the seat, the headlight glass and reflective back are still perfect.

Shoot me an email, thanks!

sander@wpi.edu

_z

mark

so, how much do you want for the carbs?

z537z

Think 50 is reasonable? I really don't know.

_z

mark

z537z

50 shipped? It is dual carbs...
Figure 10$ shipping, at most. 40 bucks for carbs ain't bad I'd think. Lemme know, sander@wpi.edu

_z

Lucky

just for referance, shipping via the post office with $300 insurance & signature confirmation runs between $15 & $20, depending on distance.  Believe me, I've shipped a few dozen by now.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

z537z

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm a UPS ground kinda guy.

_z

Sable

Just got home from Sander's house, with the new master cylinder and right and left hand controls (and a few other miscellaneous items), he has a lot of good parts in awesome condition!
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Lucky

Sable, Where do you live? Ron's on the Cape, I'm in RI (& I know of another one here who's bike has been sitting) there are a few that I know of in Mass, Jason's in CT, and you guys are up north...
May be we should start a Vision Riders Group in New England...
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

z537z

That's me, Sander.

He's right! (thanks Sable!)

Lemme know whatcha need.

_z

Sable

Hey Lucky,
I am on the Seacoast area of New Hampshire. But before I  join a rider's group, I need to get the old monster running ;D

It has been sitting for the last year and a half when I got activated for the military :-/

I am just trying to get all the necessary parts together before I bring it to a friends house for the run thru ;D

1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

schmarkum

hey, do you have a fuel petcock?

z537z

Sorry, allready sold it.

_z

EDIT: Hey Mark, you still want the carbs? Let me know soon, I'm holdin onto them for ya!

CH3NO2

Got any '83 Handlebars? I live in Massachusetts. I could pick them up.

AL

Email
Nitroal@netzero.net

GAJim

How much for the horn and the yamaha logo plastic piece??

Jim

sdinino

Jim, I have an extra plastic horn cover if you don't find one elswhere. No horn, though.
-- Steve D