News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

shop manual

Started by croth, February 28, 2002, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croth

Does anybody know where to order the shop manual for an 83' Vision?  I'm new to the Vision and would like to do a thorough once over.  The bike was my fathers, is in great shape but has been sitting for a couple of years.  Before it sat, I do know he had the carbs thoroughly cleaned, but as long as it sat I'm sure they could use it again.  I was able to get it started and ride, but it is very finicky on when it wants to start and for how long.  Any suggestions for a newbie would be more than welcome.  Thanks.

Lucky

You can order a Haynes manual from your local dealer. the part # is on my site: Vision Resources, at: http://www.geocities.com/lucky_142
look on the "replacement parts" page.

on the site you will also find the "New bike checklist" and several carb pages. ?be sure to install an inline fuel filter and yes, your carbs will probably need to be cleaned, they HATE dirt,and varnish, and some of the passages are only a few thousandths on an inch wide.

also, do yourself a big favor and eliminate the connectors on either side of the reg/rec, ?solder the wires directly together or you will soon be shelling out at least $130 for a new stator...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black