News:

Main Menu

Gas Tank and Exhaust system

Started by Blake, June 06, 2003, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Just took pictures of my exhaust and gas tank im trying to sell..no use for them since mine are serving their purpose...thought i'd post here before e-bay..at least i know you guys will make use of them..

I took a bunch of pictures using my web cam and my laptop.  trust me.  what you see can't be any more truthful.  I didnt hide anything with these pictures.  Gas tank has one ding in it on the right side, and the exhaust has some scratches with a little bit of rust starting to form on them.  
(all right and left directions are from riders position)

exhaust:
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bstoddar/xz550/exhaust/

picture 21 is back left at end.

picture 22 is right side on the inside (not visible from outside, or unless you take exhaust off bike and search for it)

pic 23 is right side back outside

pic 24 shows a series of slight surface scratches along the right side outside..(not visible unless your close)..they seem worse than they are

gas tank:
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bstoddar/xz550/gas%20tank/

Main thing about gas tank is that it needs to be painted.  The white spots you see all over the gas tank is the primer coming through.  only one coat of blue was applied (has paint drips on it..friend tried painting it-after i saw what he did with the first base coat..i changed my mine about letting him paint it).  is an enamel paint i believe.  wanted to get the yamaha blue color.  um...  just needs sanding to get rid of drips and paint to your liking.   Tank is Kreemed last year and was fine last time i used it.

pictures 31-36 show right side of tank and the placement of the dent.  dent is a few mm's deep at most.  was like this when i got it a few years back, really isnt that bad unless your looking for something in excellent condition.  becides the paint job..i would give this tank a rating of very good.  only major dent in tank is that on right side.  i completely stripped the factory paint, cleaned off the rust, and friend began painting.  should last you many years to come.

Thats about it for now..  

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Sable

How much are you asking for the Tank? Send me an e-mail!

- Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker