Great site!

Started by bmeyer6472, April 05, 2003, 03:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmeyer6472

Hello all-
I've owned a 1982 vision since 1983 - bought it with only 900 miles on it,  paid only $900 for it!  :)  What a deal. It has only about 9000 on it now, only ridden in good weather. It is so good to find a site like this - I thought I was pretty much on my own with this bike until today. I've already learned the cause of the stator failure I had a few years ago and how to fix it so it won't happen again, and have also found out the cause of the sinister knocking noise that has recently appeared at low revs. I will now be able to fix it (starter clutch) before it does any damage. I don't know anything much about this board yet, but many thanks to those who run it, and to those who contribute to it. Now I'm sure I'll keep my Vision; it will be good company for my new V-Max.
A Vision and a V-Max - how good can it get!! Happy riding!
Bob

Lucky

Hi Bob. Welcome to the fold!
This forum is an invaluable source for information, and the people here are the greatest bunch your likely to ever meet.  any questions you have we're here to help.
also, check out my site, Vision Resources http://www.geocities.com/lucky_142
There is a lot of info there to help you with the common repairs too.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QQBS

Don't overlook changing out your OEM starter oil seal.  At 9k miles it almost certainly has begun to leak.  Cheers.

Rick G

Hi Bob,  welcome , its fun here! This is one of the most civilised forum on the net. By the way a Vmax is called a "Double Vision" :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike