stupid me

Started by southernvision, June 21, 2003, 08:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernvision

well i thought the vision was runnning again... I was wrong.... I WAS SURE that everyone recommended cutting the YELLOW WIRE w/ a black stripe... now as I look back its actually the WHITE wire w/ a black stripe... that MIGHT make it run smoother huh? what does the yellow wire do anyway?
-ash

Rick G

The black wire  with a yellow tracer, is the rev limiter. Occasionally
 the TCI will get confused and think the engine is always over 12,000 rpm, and cause the front cylinder to miss, cutting this wire prevents that.
 The black wire with a white tracer, is the saftey circuit . This includes the side stand switch , the clutch  lever switch and the neutral switch. These switches are 21 years old ans subject to failure. Some feel that this circuit is very nessacary  and should be repaired .  I on the other hand , started on motorcycles that had none of this federaly mandated nonsense, and I find no valid reason to have them . As far as I'm concerned  disconnect the "saftey" circuit  and ride on.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

black/white is the side stand (safety) system,
yellow/black is the rev limiter

this is where they are:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JET_AV8R/Vision/PlugDiag.html

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black