News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

separate headings for carbs and charging problems

Started by admin, December 13, 2003, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

someone has requested that we break down the board into more specific areas. How does everyone feel about this ?

-Ron

Humber

I like the forum the way it is but.... at the same time I see that there is some room for improvements.

I would like to have sth like... BEFOR YOU POST YOUR FIRST INQUIRY!!!

and a link to lucky's page or sth like that... not to answer the same questions all the time.... answers are availble... either deeper in the forum or on lucky's page...

don't really know....
nie ma podpis?w

Rupert

I think it would help, as I like to read through for insite for my bike but, 41 odd pages can take awhile..

Either way the pole turns out the forum is still a great source for info  :)

Ah, there's that bolt for the bike from last month's tinkering.
Now where could it go?

kiawrench

there is so much information in this site ?that it would take quite a small fortune in time and effort to idex,shift and links everything. i think is good as is , but then, i have read from front to back and have a fair idea where to find things.And with a bit of help from lucky and his sweet home computer frankenstein, i can find almost any data at any time witihn a few minutes . all of you have done excellent job in setting up, building and linking, better that some auto websites that spent millions to build
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Riche

Can you add a search function to the forum?

Lucky

Richie, there already is a search function here, look at the top of every page, just under the banner.

I like things the way they are. Poss if it had been done from the start, but at this point I think it would make things confusing.  I've tried to put things together on my site like that, but probably could (and will) add more later...  That was the goal from the very beginning, to take all the info presented here and organize it.  As far as that goes, suggestions are Allways welcome.  I'll go vote now

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

tryder

It's pretty tough to go through ALL the posts on this site to find specific topics. Maybe after  6 months or so, if a topic hasn't been active, the posts could be archived and separated by topic. Only problem is some of the threads weave all over the topic spectrum. I think it would help to organize them though.

Lucky

I'd be in favor of doing it if most of the old threads involved could be moved to their specific topic, but I don't know if this is possable, and I suspect even if it was, the amount of work involved would be more than Ron wants to get involved with.  I wouldn't blame him.  On the other hand, if the YABB software allowed him to move all posts with a specific keyword such as "stumble" to a new catagory with a couple of keystrokes, then i'd be all for it.

h2olawyer

Ron - I agree with Lucky - change it only if it's an easy move for you.  Most of the topic headings seem to lead to the right info as is.  I do occasionally go back through a few pages at a time to refamiliarize myself where some info is located but it is not a real pain - actually even a bit easier than wading through a research or law library!
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Walt_M.

I think the biggest problem is when we stray from the posted topic. It makes it a little harder to find things I've read, but I'm guilty as well.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

Computer dummy that I am , I've never been able to get beans , by using a search.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

No Rick, you can only get NUTS!! :D

(Oh, & bolts too, This is a "Mechanical" board, after all...)

Lucky

Quoteand a link to lucky's page or something like that... not to answer the same questions all the time.... answers are availble... either deeper in the forum or on lucky's page...

There is a link to my page on the ROV home page, and in my avitar too...

Silver_Bullet

Ron,  though I voted for separate headings, I felt bad and wanted to state that I really love the site, and qualify my choice with; if it's something you really WANT to do, fine.  Actually, I find skimming through old listings like reading some really good favorite stories.  Many have provided insight into a current thought or problem, and many are just downright entertaining...most of the guys here are more witty than the best of Hollywood writers, and much more entertaining.  Hey, wonder if a movie could be made from this...kinda like a variation of the movie where old friends, haven't seen each other in a long time get together, except most of us have never met each other.  Could work out to be comedy, or do the Hitchcock thing and work in a mystery (other than the stator problem).  Anybody a good writer?  Or we could all chip in and compile it.  Sell the rights and we could all afford new stators for life!  See how easy it is to get off topic...it is part of the endearing charecter of this site.  Anyway,  hope everyone has a happy 2004 and a short winter and long riding season.

Mark
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

kiawrench

ok,, seems this isnt going to die quietly....
 ?this site is ok as is , ron lets us use his space ,time ,and everything else to keep our bikes alive. someone someplace has to be paying a bill for all of this. my best guess is ron.
 ?i figure if ron likes it as is, leave it as is , if we try to make it do things our way, then we need to start putting some cash in ron's pocket to pay the bill for all the changes. Ron, i like it as is , somethings may take longer to find, but that just makes the repair even sweeter when it all works as designed.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .