I cant take much more of this

Started by Dragon, March 08, 2003, 03:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon

Two weeks ago I bought the Vision.
It has snowed almost every day since. 5 inches on the ground.
Gobs of salt on the road.
The temp here is 17-22 Deg.

What I need to know is name and number of the guy or gal
who has pissed off Mother Nature.

>:(
Dragon

Dave T.

Sorry, It was me. But I begged her, not try to make her mad. I said just within a 100 mile radius of my house only though. We have had one of the longest winters here in MN with cold temps, but NO SNOW. What good is #@$%in' winter without any snow at all? Today we are getting about 6" of the white stuff.

Why do you ask that I am Happy? Because I have a Yamaha snowmobile (an old 87 Phazer). I enjoy snowmobiling about half as much as motorcycling, but that's still very much. The last 6" batch of snow lasted about 3 weeks, then it was gone. This one will last probably another 3 weeks, just in time for April MOTORCYCLING!

I hope the snow quits where U are at (as long as it isn't in MN). ? ?;D ? :D ? ;)
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

bikehandle

I'm In Iowa, Give me your address and I will fedx some of this white shit (now a dirty brown) to you!!!
 ;D
god, save me from my fondest wish!

Silver_Bullet

Snow? What's with that stuff?  In Louisiana, monsoon season has turned everything into MUD :'(.  Roads are breaking up (no rockbed here to build on), nothing worse than cold WET weather to ride in.  Haven't seen sun in TWO WEEKS. Enough already.
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

Rick G

Bullet , you ain't got nuttin!  Here in Origon  its raind all but  a handfull of days since  December. The fields are washing over the roads and the cattle are op to there you know whats in water!  I ahve only had my bike out 3 times!!! Thats ok, you can poke fun at my snivelling , I paid my dues in Minnesota!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

bikeseamus

Bullet   When I lived in Houma back in 72, it snowed for the first time in 23 years....about six inches of the wet sloppy stuff...every fun loving Cajun had to get out and slide around in it! Kept the body shops busy for about eleventeen years afterwards. Cajuns are a fun lovin bunch.

Paul_Jungnitsch

Well it was -37 Celcius here yesterday in Saskatoon, which with the wind added up to -48 effectively.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=1789232

So I guess I won't be riding for a while yet ?:(

Silver_Bullet

Paul, you have my sincere sympathy.  I cannot even imagine how cold and miserable that type of weather must be.  Hope you have an early spring thaw and can ride soon.  I'm sitting back watching Winston Cup race at Atlanta, will start on bike again afterwards.
Mark
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

exshelby

Hi Guys, Here in Atlanta we have been having great weather as you may have seen during the NASCAR race Sunday. It has been consistantly in the 50s to 70s for weeks. (I don't want to tell anyone or they will want to move down here, It is getting overcrouded already) I have had several nice rides on my Vision.

Jerry