News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Sweeeeeeeeet Ride!!

Started by Franz, August 06, 2002, 07:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franz

I finally got my 83 Vision back from the shop.  Went riding last night for the first time.  I am in Love!

Sweet Ride!

Now, should I purchase a charger for overnight sleep?

What else should I do as a preventive measure?

Thanks

Humber

It is fine that u are happy, go through the FORUM and u will find everything u need. If u are interested in some matter just aks, everybody will help u.

I am quite sure that u are happyh with your bike but after some time u will find some faults in it and of course u will need to change some things - for example weak front end.

GUYS, I made everything u suggested, progressive springs, forkbrace, changing frame rail nuts, 100/90 front tire, air fork caps and now it is stiff as I don't know it is much better now - better? it is perfect now.

Still changing old swing arm bearings improved my situation, actually when I do any mod that has been suggested here it 100% better to handling and to operation of the bike in general.

BYE
nie ma podpis?w

dtknox

It is good to hear about someone having a Vision out for a ride, instead of asking fo rhelp to fix it.

I have used a charger for overnight, for the last two year and it really helps.

The one tip that I have not seen listed is a simple one.  Ride the Vision as offen as you can!!  The Vision simple does not hold up well is it sits.

Change oil frequently.  My Vision is quiter and cooler right after an oil change.  The last four year I have been changing oil every 1500 miles.

Have fun and ride safe.

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

Dave T.

The Vision is a good bike if you get one that is in good shape to begin with. Mine was in good shape when I got it, but the previous owners didn't know how to fix it or maintain it like they should have.

The gas tank was rusted, but not rusted through. Also the stator was shot. When I got the tank coated with POR-15, all the problems nearly disappeared. I of course had to get rid of all the rust in the carbs. Once I did these, the bike was pretty much fixed. The previous owner gave me a good TCI ignitor and used (good) stator with the bike when I bought it ($810).

I have put about $850 into the bike; I rebuilt the top ends, vavle jobs, milled the heads, piston rings, valve guide seals, lower handlebars, sport fairing, grab on grips, anti-vibe bar ends, new tach/speedo console (tach was bad), repacked the very loud MAC exhaust, UNI air filter, and recently I put a stainless braided brake line up front, and a new 120/80 Pirelli MT68 rear tire on it.

I don't know if you have the buget to make all of these changes or if you think putting the money & effort into this bike is economically feasible, but I thought the same way when I bought the bike. Can I travel a long distance without having to carry an extra ignition module or stator?

The longest trip I have made on it so far it about 400 miles in one day with no problems. Recently I did go about 450 miles in two days, but my rear cylinder base gasket started leaking oil. So I had to tear it down and put a new head and base gaskets on. I think it may have been related to the upper mounting bracket on the rear cylinder, it may have been pulling the cylinder off the base, so I left the bracket off.

The funny thing is, that I get off on this kinda challenge. At first I wanted to get rid of the bike many times, but now it's just water under the bridge. I still think the MAC exhaust is waayy to loud, the carbs are goofy and poorly jetted, and my front rotor is warped (pulses).

Oh well, since I can't afford a Ducati ST4s, I will just be happy as a clam with my 20 year old Yamaha. Such is life....

;)  :D  >:(  :o  :P  :-/
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Brian Moffet

QuoteIt is good to hear about someone having a Vision out for a ride, instead of asking fo rhelp to fix it.
Dale

Okay, now I'm going to annoy everyone.  I haven't ahd to do major work on my Vision for more than 8 years.  It runs great, and I just rode it to lunch yesterday (80 mile round trip).

I am now knocking on wood to keep that going ;-)

Brian

Dave T.

I have had many Sweeeeeeeet rides on my Vision. Like this morning. It was partly sunny, about 65 degrees, slight breeze. I went to get a new cable for my mountain bike. I only went 35 miles, but man my Vision runs great in cool weather.

All of the 35 miles was on 40mph limited curvy, twisty, hilly roads around a big lake I live next to in Minnesota.

Like ya said earlier, we need more posts praising this bike instead of cursing it....   ;D
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)