this is really getting on my nerves now...any ideas?

Started by uni_boy15, May 23, 2005, 09:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uni_boy15

ok i think i've gotten closer to the problem... The vision still wont start but the  2 relays behind the battery and in front of the inner fender part numbers: 4H7-01 and 4U8-00 thoes 2 and the solonoid click when i hit the start button...It is just thoes 3 things that do anything maybe more things are suppose to click?...  i just changed the oil and always make sure it is in neutral before i do anything.  if i cant fix this thing ill have a supply of parts to get rid of here pretty soon.  I would much rather fix this bike but im running out of things to try.  Thanks for the help, Louis

kiawrench

uni -
you answered your own question- if those relays click, and the sol. clicks then you most likely have a starter problem. (this is assuming you did rotate the engine by hand prior to starting any work at all)
   check your engine to be sure it isnt locked up, then check your starter. Oil finds it's way into the brushes and drowns the darn thing, kills it dead. start with that , let us know

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

uni_boy15

Well i just rebuilt the starter and had it tested at O'riley, it works...I checked the new spring seal and it is holding like a champ.  I'm out of ideas. what does the starter ground to?  just where it mounts? 
...............Louis

Superfly

That has happened to me before, I put rolled back (or forward) in Neutral, and then pop it into gear.  I was not trying to start it, I just wanted to give the engine a little "nudge" then when I would hit the button, she would crank.  I do not know what it is, but it works for me.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.