News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Clutch cable-DGY-Yamaha-UPDATED

Started by hfarley, May 29, 2005, 10:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

I have a question for you guys/gals. Has anyone here ever ordered a clutch cable from DGY? I ordered one and it doesn't have that long boot that is at the bottom of the cable on it. And the end portion looks slighty different. It looks fatter. I haven't tried it yet but I figured I would ask here if anyone knew if Yamaha changed the cable. They sent me a new one ad it is the exct same one. The Yamaha part number which is correct is: 11H-26335-00-00. Now on my actual clutch cable the number that is on my bike it says: 2A18 11H-00. The same goes fdor the spare bike. Now Written on the new cable it says: 3G10 11H-00. Is this correct or did DGY get the wrong cables from Yamaha twice? Thanks !
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Tdub

Motion Pro makes our cables for the 750 race bike. Work great! talk to Shawn. Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

kiawrench

yamaha used several companies over the years to make the cables-
the best way to find out is to lay your cable out, then match the new cable to it .
  i use honda race cables on my vision, but i had to make an extra bracket for the clutch cable.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

hfarley

Well, after fooling around with the cable, yes it does fit but I was not happy with the fact that the actual cable was really exposed underneath the bike. I figured that all of the dirt and grime from the road would kick up and there was nothing there to protect it. I called Yamaha and asked them if they made any changes to the cable and after a bit of searching it was determined that they did not change this particular cable. So Aparently DGY keeps getting sent the wrong cable. We figure that somehow Yamaha must have gotten a mislabeled batch of cables. Anyway, I am sending the canbles back to DGY and they have ordered a new cable from a different source. I am also sending them an old, unusable cable from my spare bike as a reference to show them what it is exactly that I want. Then they are going to send me the new cable and my old cable back. So be careful. If it doesn't look right make sure it is the right one. I will say though that DGY has been very helpful and accomadating throughout this process.
-Heather

Lucky

i replaced my clutch cable several years ago & it didn't have the rubber accordian cover either, neither  did 2 other cables i have salvaged from parts bikes.  as long as you keep the bike clean, & properly lube the cable seasonaly (there is a nifty tool i got from the bike shop made i think by motion pro that clamps over the cable & you inject the grease with the straw tube from the can of lube) oyu should be fine.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

hfarley

I do have a cable luber to aide in the process but I just felt that it would be better to have that extra coverage. Besides DGY did find one that is what I was looking for, not to mention that Yamaha kept sending her the wrong part.  Oh well, lesson learned on my part. LOL!
-Heather