Main Menu

Frustration

Started by YellowJacket!, June 08, 2005, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, after a month and a half of tearing down, cleaning, refining and rebuilding, I finally got her ready to start.  With my heart beating rapidly in anticipation of her (probably rough and tumble) purr, I inserted the key into the ignition, turned it to run, clicked my cutoff button to run and pressed the starter button.......and.......nothing!  No clicks, no noises no coughs or sputters just plain nothing.  No lights or anything.  I used a new battery that was attached to a battery tender that indcated that it was charged.  All fuses look good.  I tried both TCI's.  Just plain nothing. >:(  :(  ???  :'(
I guess I'm going to check the starter relay and solenoid again but that won't explain why I get no lights or anything.  I'll also check the ignition too. 

A sad and dejected David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Don't Despair!

Check the fuses, too.  Might have a short someplace in the wiring.  Lights should come on when key is turned to on.  If they don't, make sure your battery terminals are correct (neg. toward front of bike), check the main circuit & all connectors.  Maybe you accidentally left one loose or disconnected.  You will get it figured out.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Blake

check your ground wire from the battery to the engine.  go over both battery cables (both ends) with some sand paper to make them nice and shiney. A bad ground connection due to rain ended up being my problem after 6 months of frustration and a new custom wiring harness :)

Sometimes the simplest things are the solution.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

YellowJacket!

UPDATE!!!!!

I checked all the fuses again.  although they all LOOKED good, I decided to check continuity across the elements.  As it turns out the main fuse was blown!!  YEEEEEHAAAAAA!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Now all I have left to do is finish the tank and get the custom petcock installed and I'll be ar ridn'

A very elated David

h2olawyer

Figured it nearly had to be something easy.  Main power just doesn't have many places to go wrong!

Congrats - so far.  I'll hold a YIPPEE!!! in reserve until I hear you've got her running.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

I'm going to try a small utility tank on Friday  just to try to get it running and see how out of tune it is....and also test my UYICS (copper pipe YICS).  It's probably going to take a couple weeks before I get my tank finished.

David