News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

visually matching a 650 silverwing (82)

Started by kiawrench, June 20, 2005, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

while flailing through the internet, I came across some pics of several 1982 honda silverwing 650s. these bikes were in several configuations, (like our bikes) but several were wearing running boards,called "foot pads" and heel toe shifters. I was wondering , could we do that also? Anyone know of small foot boards/running boards that fit a vision? Know of any? heel/ toe shifters that may cross over?
? ?
? ? ? ? These are just thoughts, since we cant do the forward control set up without major fabrication, maybe the boards will look ok, they do look good on those old silverwing bikes , and they are very similar in foot position and height from road surface, so it may be ok to look at, .
? ?Any feedback will be of help, so jump in, let me know what you think .
? ?Oh , additional food for thought, am running the seca hard bag set,a quicksilver fairing , and a trunk unit that holds my helmet and wet weather stuff, so the bike has the "interstate " look already . (sort of looks like bulemic police bike,or so I was told)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Coil Coyle

Kia,
? ? ? ?Commuting on my 83 rk it has occurred to me that the higher 82 bars and some slightly forward footboards would be nice for just traveling.
? ? ? ?As I hang my feet in comfortable "footboard" positions my shins hit the fairing lowers.
? ? ? ?If I build a second Vision I would go with a solo seat and footboards with bars for setting up behind a windshield, this would be a better commuting bike.
? ? ? ?Like the 30's to 50's tour riding position.
? ? ? ?The Harley guys got all of that hardware, check their swap meets and catalogs if you don't want to build your own parts.

My .02

coil