News:

Main Menu

By the way.....

Started by beastmaster, February 13, 2005, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmaster

Can someone tell me how to be a member of ROV.This sites been really helpful and I'd like to help a little.
Thanks again!

ProfessorRex

I just signed up... where it says " Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register."  I clicked register... Ron, Lucky, or one of yall that's been around for a while, was I suposed to pay?  I'll gladly make a donation! GLADLY!  I wouldn't have bought the V without this board, I would have never taken the carb apart! and I wouldn't have it running as well!

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

louthepou

Well, Motorplow came up with a good idea recently. He offered Vision stickers for free, and folks sending a few bucks to Ron to help him maintain the forum were qualified for the draw.

I think if every now and then some cool stuff like that is offered for this Forum Maintenance Fund Raiser, things should evolve smoothly, right?

I'm trying to see what I can offer sometime next spring. Unless Ron tells us that he won the lottery. I, for one, sure think this Forum is a really really good thing.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lucky

Ron sells vision stuff (t-shirts, etc) to help defray the cost, see the ROV home page.

The server space for my site was donated by Rob May, who has long past sold his Vision.  When the Vision Video's are ready for sale, those procedes will go to paying for my own server space.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rob_OS23

I am looking forward to those videos Lucky, should be a lot of help. ?One thing I didn't see in the store was a ROV jacket patch, that would be a pretty hot item I bet. ?I know I'm waiting for one :)

Lucky

I've allways wanted a patch too, & it was discussed a coupla years ago. a couple of designs were presented, but no one really got excited about any particular design, except for the people who did them...they each liked their own best, lol.

Rob_OS23

Yeah, I can imagine, everyone is their own biggest fan eh?
I looked through the posts, and could not find any mention of the topic, must have been a while ago. ?Here's an idea, we could have a contest where whoever wants to can design a logo. ?We could then run a poll to decide what the winning design is....

Lucky

I'm no artist, but I just doodled this... the bike is a scan from the service manual.
I like a little symbolism, so the web with dots represents out intertnet link to eachother.. it needs more.

MotorPlow

I was just playing around with Bumper Stickers and this is what I came up with.  The costs to make these Bumper Stickers comes out to about $3.00 a Sticker.  Just curious, how much would members be willing to pay for them with all proceeds over $3.00 going to Ron.  For example for each Sticker sold for $5.00, $2.00 would go to Ron.  $8.00 a Sticker, $5.00 would go to Ron.  Thoughts?

~Chris F.

beastmaster

I like the jacket patch idea too.I'm all for a design poll.But nobody is alloweed to vote for themselves!lolAnd I'd happily drop 5 bucks for a sticker.
My friend and I are building crashboxes for our handy-cams and are going to start taping ride footage of all the cool rides and roads around here.Hopefully we can put together some kind of interesting  and marketable package.If it makes me rich,I'll seend big bucks!
 ;D,but in the meantime I can spring for a t-shirt next paycheck!  

Rob_OS23

I would buy a sticker for 5.00. ?I have no car & no bumper, although I suppose I could afford a bumper maybe from the scrapyard  ;D, but then what do I do with it? I think for me, I am way more interested in a patch lol
I can't see the pictures for some reason.....

h2olawyer

Just a quick idea I put together for a patch / sticker.

Tough to embroider the bike so a line drawing like the one Lucky used above would work better. ?Also, kind of leaves out our non-North American members for whom the V was available for more years.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

if you could do that with the pic in mine, then we could offer with out or with the fairing... I have that pic in red & blue bikes as well...

h2olawyer

Swapping out the bike picture would take just a few seconds.  I just used the first one I found.  Knew it wouldn't embroider well but could use it as a sticker design to complement the patch.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.