News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Bye bye dredded leak

Started by fiddlesticks, June 23, 2005, 10:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlesticks

;D The side cover leak is no more. We have been out onmher several times, and the hubby has been taking her to work.  NOt a single leak from that damned thing. Woo hoo! She is still running a little hot I think though. (That oil cooler is sounding like a great idear Lucky)  Are there any particular ways to diagnose why its running hot? Maybe Im just paro. after the whole fried stator incedent. Not sure yet.
Fidd
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Lead_Deficiency

Did you get that valve adjusted yet?

fiddlesticks

Thats a negative Ld. Actually we tried a really good oil and I may be imagining things but it doesnt sound as loud or bad. But will eventually need to be done still. U should try this stuff. Belray semisyn.

Fidd
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

MotorPlow

Belray Semi is what I use. I just posted elsewhere about Royal Purple. I might use the Purple next time as they claim engine temperature reduction.  I am still reading their website and what they offer.

kiawrench

i switched to the royal purple when i started this rebuild, seems to shift smoother and temps are down , 10- 20 degrees f . still going to do oil cooler set-up .

give your leak fix a good 2/300 miles, be sure it isnt leaking at all,,, synth wont make a leak, but it will sure make it look a lot worse if there is one.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ProfessorRex

I use belray FULL synthetic, I notice easier starting, lower temperatures, faster reving, far better shifting.  All around vastly superior opperation.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...