News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Exhaust help PLEASE!!!!!

Started by Malikeye, June 26, 2005, 12:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malikeye

I just bought an old '82 Vision and it needs some retoration. The guy I bought it off had put on an old Wolf aftermarket exhaust but after the long years outside it's rusted right through. It's a 4-2-1 black pipes to chrome can. Does Wolf wtill make an exhuast for the XZ550?

My question is. All I can find for the XZ550 are 2 into 2 exhausts. Is this the proper unit.
The only one I can find is the "MAC" 2 into 2 exhaust. Is this the right one?

http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=897

2 into 2 is all i can find for this bike. I Just want to make sure that this will cover all of the 4 exhuast ports.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Cheers

Lucky

I run Mac's & I love 'em. some say their too loud, but if you feel they are, you can use stainless steel wool for the packing.

Mac's attention to spec tolerance isn't the greatest, meaning you may have to wiggle them a bit here & there to get them to fit tight, but i've never heard anyone say they Couldn't get them to seal, sometimes it takes a bit of work, & sometimes they go right on.

They are the low cost alternative to trying to find non rusted stock units, or expensive Preditor exhausts ($400+)

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

I bought some new copper seals for the front manifold, and the seal was very tight.  No problem with the Mac's at all.  If you like the 4-1 look, I have a complete supertrapp system on my main bike, works great. 
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

ProfessorRex

Is that supertrapp system still available?
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Superfly

I have not checked.? I got it off of a dead vision in a junkyard? :'( .? It is a complete supertrapp system, not sure if it was a one-off or not.? Have not checked their website.? Of course, this is a picture of my girl right before I cleaned her!? ;D (Not trying to take Dirty Visions title!!)

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.