Got any Shoei helmet experts?

Started by Cdnlouie, June 23, 2005, 11:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Has anyone torn their Shoei RF900 apart to clean the liner?  I am wondering if it is removable or if I need to send it through a car wash with the bucket side up.

Louie

Coil Coyle

Louie,
Go to http://www.shoei-helmets.com/manualstechbrochure.html

it shows the washing procedure. ;)

There is also a paint warning 1 page back from this.

coil

Cdnlouie

Thanks for the site, amazing information.  I'm glad they did something for the price they charge.  Anyway, they don't say whether the liner is removable or not, just remove the removable liners (if that is the case).  To be or not to be!

If anyone else has does something creative with an RF900 give me a shout.

Thanks

Coil Coyle

Has anyone tried the Breath guard and chin/wind thingy on one of the RF900?
The cost about 30.00 US each. It would be nice to keep the shield un fogged if they actually work.
also my local independant MC shop has the same prices as the website, so no savings from the site.

coil

dtknox

I have both the breath guard and chin/wind curton for my RF800 and they work very well for late fall and early spring rides.

The breath guard cut out the foggin gof the face shield. The Chin curton is for cold morings and rides back after dark when the temparture is bellow 50.

As far as I know the liner in the RF900 is not removable.

Ride safe

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

Cdnlouie

I really don't have any fogging issues with my RF900.  It may have better ventilation or flow, but it is amazing and I ride when it is just above the freezing mark.  A slight crack on the bottom is enough to keep everything clear even when stopped.

Now the chin guard might be nice as that is about the only cold spot that remains uncovered.  I usually pull my fleece up over my chin when I hit the highway, but I should look into that.  Right now Air Conditioning would be nice, its really hot up here right now.

Stay cool,

Louie