News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Yet Another POR 15 Question

Started by YellowJacket!, July 08, 2005, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OK, I spent the entire day cleaning my tank and thoroughly dried it out.  I poured the POR into the tank and gently rolled it for the last couple hours to try to coat the entire inside of the tank.  When it came time to drain the tank...Nothing came out.  The petcock port is clear, but no residual POR came out.  I rocked the tank in several directions trying to get it to flow to the opening but nada.  I shined a light in the tank and it looks like it is completely coated as best I can see and I can't see any puddles, so Im guessing the entire pint sealed the tank with none left over.  Is that normal?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

crazyjimmy

When I PORed my tank I had some left over, of course I didnt spend 2 hours coating it. Sounds like you got a good coating.
Jim

Lucky

And now Dave has noodles for arms!  :)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

Dave, when your tank completely rusts away from the outside, you'll still have a tank.
Cast from POR15 ;D
coil

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on July 09, 2005, 04:14:12 AM
And now Dave has noodles for arms!? :)

Took 2 aleve last night and two today and the shoulder pain is getting a little better...but hey, I look like Popeye now.  :D

David

YellowJacket!

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on July 09, 2005, 05:11:51 AM
Dave, when your tank completely rusts away from the outside, you'll still have a tank.
Cast from POR15 ;D
coil

Now my belly hurts more than my arms from laughing at that one.. :D  :D  :D

David

Lucky

those pint cans don't leave a lot of leftover, if any.  I roll it around for as long as i can stand it, and if there is any still flowing in the tank, i let it settle in the low corners since those are the spots that rust out.  then it's sit & wait for 5 or 6 days...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black