News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Off topic - Keihn Carb strip

Started by Glyn, July 17, 2005, 02:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn

Hi all

Sorry to bring non Vision stuff here, but I've got a little Yam SRX 250 with a problem.

It was running fine, till I put a more free flow pipe on the end. I think I've upset the mixtures in the twin Keihn carb set up.

I thought as a short stop measure I could raise the needles one notch to richen it up a bit. Problem is I can't get the slides out, and therefore get at the needles.

Uses same type carb as a Honda 400/4 or Kawa Z900. They have an internal lifter running on a shaft. I cannot see how to remove the shaft on this carb at all. Perhaps I have to split the 2 small carbs and the shaft will pull out of one side??

HELP if you can.

Regards

Glyn

Walt_M.

Do you have a Yamaha Motor site there? I tried the US site for a parts breakdown but it only covers models sold in the US and the SRX 250 wasn't imported here.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Glyn

Ta for that Walt.

Think I may have got an answer. Looked at a Honda manual in the library today and gave me the right diag to remove the slides. I think due to fitting a free flow pipe and less restrictive air filter I'll have to go up on the mains. Fellow Vision rider Scott Lee has been real informative on this.

At least it's a Yamaha...

Cheers and ride safe.

Glyn