News:

Main Menu

missing jets?

Started by Buffo, July 24, 2005, 12:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffo

I have been putting off my carb rebuild on my 82 vision cause I have been working on my cb750...now its back to the V!

I am cleaning my carbs and this is the first time that I have done this on this bike. Looking at the yamaha-motor.com exploded view of the carbs I took out the covers(?) for the main jet (#40) and the piolt jet (#61) on the carb body. but nothing was under the screw/hex covers ???

You can look right into the body of the carb...are they deeper in the carb body? Did I miss them?

Don

h2olawyer

Don -

Both those jets are fairly deep inside the carbs.  Shine a light into the holes & look for a screwdriver slot with a hole in the middle.  Those are the jets.  If it ran before you tore it apart - even poorly, they have to be in there.

These jets have a tendency to get stuck because of all the years of fuel, storage & heat / cool cycles.  You might want to try squirting a little PB Blaster into the holes & letting it work for a while before putting too much pressure on the jets.

Good Luck with the carb cleaning - your efforts will be rewarded!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.