News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New way to use the V-engine

Started by Rolle, July 22, 2005, 02:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolle

Hello!

Find this on the webb!? ?:o

http://www.powermeet.dk/pictures/2004/index_html/dei_list_view?b_start:int=97

It?s a competition to throw a V-engine as far as possible held at the Danich Powermeet 2004.......

Roland? :D
Take care and be safe on the roads!

Superfly

Damn!  I bet there is a set of Euro gears in there....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Blake

now that's just a sad sight...

it brought a tear to my eye? :'(? :'(? :'(

I mean..just look at that stator cover... its just begging to be polished!? :'(

Rest in peace mysterious engine... :(

Blake

P.S.  Good thing that event wasnt in Poland or else you'd see Humber in the back going "Dont Throw that! I could get 100 EURO for those Primary Gears!!"   ;D

P.P.S.  Thanks for the Gears Humber!  Love em!  ;D

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Lucky

I wonder how far they threw the carbs, lol!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

The funny thing is that the spare engine that I have for my V was in the process of being installed into a 42" ride on lawn mower.? Yes! a "Tim The Toolman Lawn Mower"!

The guy enters lawn tractors into tractor pull competitions, I guess they have a "class" for lawn tractors.? Just before installing the V engine into his lawn tractor, he found another engine with greater torque.? He fired up the mower for me and pulled it out onto the asphalt street and pulled a wheelie with his freakin' ride on lawn mower!

Outstanding!

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on July 22, 2005, 03:33:50 PM
I wonder how far they threw the carbs, lol!!

They haven't landed yet.  Next shuttle mission may try to retrieve them.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

Well, I cant say that I have not felt that way!  bet there is a fried stator in there too! ;D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

They probably thought the bottom end was shot instead of a loose starter clutch!
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

Great therapy session!? ;D? However, I have mixed emotions? :'(

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Walt_M.

Well, we Americans aren't the only people who will do stupid things to get our picture taken!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lead_Deficiency

If you check their other photos you'll see the Gods have punished them for the way they treated that poor little V engine  :D

Riche

That is an interesting use of the V engine. I?ve another. The same year my Vision was purchased, early fall, that winter I visited an old friend at his business. We used to ride some in the early 80s him on BSAs me on my Kawasaki. His bride to be asked him ?What do you like to do besides work??  he is a workaholic. His response was he used to ride his BSA. She purchased a nice mid sixties 650 for him. We were looking it over and me telling him about my Vision. Another fellow was there and he started asking me about my Vision. Turns out he has and 83. I ask how do you like riding it? He responds with ?I don?t ride it I use it to run my air compressor? Turns out he has this huge air compressor and needs something to power it. He buys this 83, bolts it down somehow, removes the rear wheel and fits a mutli belt pulley. ?I runs her in third gear at 7500rpm?.just turn that little knob under the tank on the right up? he added later that he had to hook a car radiator to it to keep the engine cool. My buddy says he thinks the guy runs a jackhammer right off the compressor. He also said ?tough little motor, I been runin it years?

Lucky

http://www.photoshow.net/redir_main.php?show=nTXzJvGwe
Note that Norton Internet Security & poss others may block this...

Hey, it didn't work for me.. but i have all kinds of popup blockers & crap running, so that might be why...

also, where it says "buy this on DVD" i have no clue about that & i don't think i get anything for it..  :)

Enjoy, --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

:D ;D 8) ::) :D ;D 8) ::)
Nice work, Lucky - Not riding today?

H2O