News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Question about modified airbox update

Started by YellowJacket!, July 22, 2005, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OK, I'm changing out my airboxes.  I have the modified 82 carb installed with vac hose coming out of the intake of the front carb, the air filter and air filter stay.  I also have the modded airbox with the vacuum regulator/actuator.

1. What do I connect the hose to that comes out of the top of the airbox from actuator?

2. what do I connect the hose to that goes to the small air filter and stay?

Thanks for the help.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1.? airbox hose goes to the ft carb, top-right hand fitting (top of carb, right hand side straight out of the side)
**note that stock there is an additional piece of vacuume line from the carb fitting about 4 1/2" long, & it's joined to the airbox fitting with a straight union (brass tube).? proper routing for the hose is that it comes up from the carb, thru the hole in the frame where the rt & lft frame tubes meet behind the steering head.? the union is provided for ease of instalation & removal.? i have spares of this short hose & brass if you want it.

2.? the round air filter line goes to the ft carb, front fitting angled to the right.
**note that the throttle cable is routed between the carb & the line/filter

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

AHHH, thanks Lucky.

#2 is the one I couldn't find.  I was looking at it from the wrong side witht the tank back on.  Found it and probably the other vac leak I was missing.  Gonna hook em up tomorrow and ride again after work.

Thanks Again.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)