Gas Tank Woes LATEST NEWS!!!!!! 8-29-05!!!

Started by crackerkorean, August 16, 2005, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squid

wow...sorry to hear about your headache,,, but something did come to mind,,,i too had a horrid tank and found a replacement,,,had to do a little work on it and get a liner but it has been great for a few years,,,but some thoughts came to mind,,,,dont know how good they are but they may be to your liking,,,the Canadian dollar is still lower, and when i priced a new tank up here from Yamaha they had a few in Canada and list price was 300 cdn but they only had red,,,not a big deal to get a tank painted, there is also a place in Toronto On, that i honestly think has a time machine, cause they always seem to get visions and restore and sell them,,,that is where i got the tank i have now,,only cost like 50 bucks i think,,,it was really cheap i do remember that,,,,that place is called ontario cycle salvage, they deal in used bikes and are very reputable, that may be worth a shot too,,

louthepou

I did hear about this Salvage yard, and good things. I bet they could help indeed.

In related news, the tank on my most recent parts bike is air tight. So I suppose it would be gasoline tight too. THe outside is in pristine shape (repainted not too long ago I assume) and the inside was relined by, from the looks of it, a not really talented home mechanic.

I think it could go on a bike and do ok, I'd reccomend relining it to anyone who would want it to last a while.

If you don't need it Crackercorean, I think I'll Ebay it.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

crackerkorean

As of right now I will not commit to anything because I do not have check in hand. And if DaveTN doenst get the new 83 OEM tank I might take you up on that Lou. But we shall see.

crackerkorean

I now have a check for 334 sitting in my wallet needing to be deposited. Now its just a waiting game for a couple of tanks that I am watching.

Hopefully this well all end nicely.