News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

new vision owner

Started by 2wheelapeal, August 27, 2005, 12:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wheelapeal

just aquired a very clean 82 xz55o with the shark fairing i traded it for a 75 cj5 in need of restoration he was happy to get the jeep and i was happy to get a bike but after some research i am thrilled to have aquired a bit  two wheeled history i will post some pics as soon as i get a chance ;D ;D ;D

squid

The vision is a great bike i think,,,some will tell ya you either love it or loath it,,,i like mine quirks and all,, I made the fatal mistake of having to sell it (was getting soaked by the ex) but fiddlesticks sold it back to me a few weeks ago,,and she looked after it so well too,,,learned an important lesson,,i will never part with it again,,,its unique and turns heads,, but a song came to mind about the cj5,,,,,
the cj5 with the 4 wheel drive, plowin though the fields where the maragawanna grows lmao,,,if ya havent heard it ya gotta,,,i think its by CW McCall,,,the dude that sang convoy lol

Lucky

Welcome!! The bike looks great!, ok, everyone over to 2wheel's house for a BBQ! :D
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

I'm in.
Whens the barbeque??
;D

2wheelapeal

no bbq you dingaling dont start rumors like that my wife will kill me she is already pissed cause i got the bike

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

crackerkorean

Somebody say something about a BBQ???? ;D

Welcome aboard hope you dont go crazy like the rest of us.

louthepou

My tip of the day: trade the Jetta, use the money to get spare Visions (and a BBQ).

;)

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Mutt

It'll be tight but I will try and work a BBQ in! Sounds great! Is there a place to pitch tents?

Mutt? ::)

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

2wheelapeal

i can see i have joined a board full of hoplessly insane people ....but thats ok i will fit right in

louthepou

The fine line between passionate and insane... :)

But one thing for sure: Your Vision and this Forum is one hell of a combination. Trust me: this place is an absolutely fantastic resource.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

2wheelapeal

thanx lou i have come to realize that along with the friendly banter comes a plethora of knowledge and experience

MotorPlow

Okay, you don't have to read the following entire thread. I just thought I would post something about BBQ from a thread on my local MC Club here in VA...

http://www.twinvalleyriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146&highlight=bbq

Our clubs unofficial motto is "Ride to eat, eat to ride".

Chris F.

h2olawyer

Maybe we should post the new membership rules:   ;D ;D

Anyone joining after August 15, 2005 must be ready at a moment's notice to host a BBQ for as many members as can make it to the newbie's house!

Alternate initiation fees:

1 Stator & R/R
1 NOS unused '83 petcock
1 set 83 carbs - complete (OK if need cleaning)
1 NOS unused fuel tank (82 or 83)
1 working TCI unit

For the BBQ, I'll take a T-bone, medium rare.   :D

Welcome to the forum!  Great folks here - always somebody willing to help on any Vision problem or question.  Usually, several ideas or solutions answer a request for assistance.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

silicon_toad2000

I'll host a BBQ and even make sure all my homebrew is nicely chilled, anyone interested?
Western Suburbs in South Australia
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

h2olawyer

Quote from: silicon_toad2000 on August 29, 2005, 06:14:24 PM
I'll host a BBQ and even make sure all my homebrew is nicely chilled, anyone interested?
Western Suburbs in South Australia

A fellow homebrewer!  Cheers!  Just finished a Honey - Agave Nectar Lager & an India Pale Ale (better like it BITTER!)  Both came out great.  Hadn't brewed in a few years, but just got back into it.  Done any all-grain brews yet?  Those have been my favorites.  Not sure if it's the extra work or if they really are better than the dried or syrup extracts.

Zymurgists Unite! :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

2wheelapeal

here she is in my driveway just got delivered today

h2olawyer

Looking good!  A little shine & polish & she'll really look teriffic.  Congrats on your acquisition.   ;D

H2O

MotorPlow

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 29, 2005, 03:05:59 PM
For the BBQ, I'll take a T-bone, medium rare.? ?:D

It's neat how "BBQ" means different things in different parts of the county/world. Here in VA/NC "BBQ" means some tender pulled pork topped with sweet coleslaw on a fresh baked hamburger type bun.? A "T-bone" is associated more with a "cook out".

Oh, and nice looking bike!

Chris F.