News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Vision Farring

Started by Pojo, May 11, 2005, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojo

Last fall I won a farring mounting on ebay, but did not win the farring,  and from the looks of it i wont be able to find one for a while. Are there any other farrings that can be fitted onto the mounting bracket ro can fit with not too much adjustments?

Thanks,
Pojo

kwells

I just put my stock shark fairing on yesterday and I only had a box of hardware and the fairing to go on when putting it on.  I have a couple extra pieces though.  Does anyone know if there are additional mounts other than the 2 top-side brackets that connect to the headlight assembly and the 2 lower bolts that connect at the bottom of the fairing?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Pojo -

Which fairing mount?

kwells -

There is a bracket that bolts to the lower triple tree that those bolts in the bottom of the fairing bolt to.  I think I have photos I can email you of all the Shark fairing hardware.  Let me know if you want or need them.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

any pics would help me out I think.  I did have some sort of a wierd clamp thing left over but I couldnt imagine how it would of fit on to mount up to the fairing.  Right now there are 4 locations holding the fairing to the bike.  2 lower, at a mounting bracket that runs between the forks...below the headlight..and 2 brackets that come up from the headlight cover on each side.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Sounds basically correct.  I'll send the photos in a few minutes.  Glad I took them for someone else before I sold the fairing.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

ok...I see -thanks...I actually mounted my upper brackets on the outside of the headlight cover rather than behind it....seems like it is holding solid though.  Those other parts left over must have been for something else.

Kevin

www.wellsmoto.com

ProfessorRex

I've got H2O's fairing now that he's got the full fairing.  Let me know if you need me to go out and take pictures of it.

POJO, to answer your original post, I have no idea... sorry, I've seen fairings come up on ebay fairly often, keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll find one.

-rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Pojo

Sorry i think i may have explained it wrong.  I have teh mount for a full farring, But i do not have any farring. I was wondering if there are any farrings not specifically for the vision taht can be put on a vision?

h2olawyer

Pojo -

The only fairing I'm aware of that fits the full fairing mount is the one for the Vision.  Keep looking on eBay - the pieces / parts seem to be more common than the mounts.  There was an upper fairing - still in the box - there within the last week or so.

H2O

Lucky

yeah, the mounts, & lower brackets, seem to be the hardest parts to find, so your a little ahead of the game...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I lucked out, Lastg year I bought a "83 fairing mount  w/ fairing  ( no windshield and lowers, or small hardware) and a pair of perfect cylinders W/ pistons and rings , for 50.00 . I'm so proud of my self>
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

Way to go Rick, smoking deal! Hope to catch up with you again some day, time just doesn't seem to be around much any more.

Take Care,

Louie