News:

Main Menu

Virago wheels and like-bikes

Started by Rob_OS23, January 30, 2005, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_OS23

I have read that you can use a Virago 3.00-16" rear wheel in place of the normal Vision rear wheel, the idea being that you can lower the rear or run a bigger tire on the back.  Has anyone/is anyone doing this?  If so, can the front Virago wheel be used as well, obviously you would want it to match.
I don't know if this has been discussed before, I never have any luck finding much with the forum search engine.

I was also wondering what other bikes share common parts with the Vision.....

Lead_Deficiency

MotorPlow

QuoteI don't know if this has been discussed before, I never have any luck finding much with the forum search engine.

When searching through the old posts, you need to change the age of the posts to be searched to expand past 30 days.  I usually just put another digit, like 9, in front of the 30 to make it 930 days.

Enjoy,
Chris F.

Rob_OS23

Oh that makes since, didn't even notice that, too many options :)
I was trying to find an older post I knew I had read, and that would be why I couldn't find it.

So, is anyone actually using these rims?

Oldbikefool

This has nothing to do with tires but I did find out the petcock on the 82 Virago 920 is the same as the 82 Visions. It seems an unlikely match but I guess someone at Yamaha once figured out every part on every bike doesn't have to be different, saved me the cost of a petcock[until I get the Virago running].

MotorPlow

A while back, I found that if you search for the Stator Part No. on [either Elextrex or Rick's] web page, you can then punch in the part no. on the other competitor's web page and see all the bikes that use the same Stator.  You can do the same with the Regulator/Rectifyer.  Then search eBay for the various makes and models for a used Stator.

Enjoy,
Chris F.