News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Selling my Vision   :(

Started by yamaha405, January 24, 2005, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamaha405

Hello. I am trying to sell my 1982 Yamaha Vision with just over 5000 original miles on it. I want $450 obo, or I will part it out. It has a long story so I will attempt to type it out so you know the background. Back in 1986 the bike was stolen from a guy and the people who stole it ran it out of gas. Then when the guy got it back, the ignition was cut up, battery gone, mirrors broken, and gas cap busted. Well he never did anything with it and he sold it to my old best friend?s dad for $500 bucks. Then he didn?t even do anything with it, but from 1987 to 2002, it was in a shed, that?s when I got it. I traded me Honda CRX (cracked block) for it. I had it and it sat out back covered up by tarps for about 2 years. Then my buddy said that there was a way to get it going without having the ignition switch in. So we did that and sure enough, it had power. So after that I was excited and bought a battery like 2 months ago so that I could actually ride it and get the thing running. Well I had it running well, and I thought it would be cool for my best friend to ride it, since I bought it from him, and he had never rode it. Well he thought he was way better than what he actually was and thought he knew it all, he locked up the back tire on gravel and he went down. He was only going from the looks of it, 10-15 mph. He busted up the headlight, right blinker, cluster, put a dent in the tank, and put the bike out of alignment. I thought ?Well, this is a perfect time to buy everything I need for it.? So I bought mirrors, grips, new clutch lever, blinker, headlight box and light, headlight bulb, ignition switch, gas cap, and a new cluster (changed the gauges so that it still had the original 5000 miles), and I think that?s it, may be a couple other minor things. The items aren?t actually new new, just new to the bike, I bought most of the items on the Riders Of Vision forums (thanks). The only things that are brand new are the grips, battery, and the headlight bulb. Oh, and the clutch lever. I?d love to get it re-aligned, but I don?t even know where to begin. As far as I can tell the engine runs well though, and it shifts just fine, and shoot, it still rides, it?s just is a little weird. I want $450 obo though, because I want a truck. Well, thanks for spending all the time to read this and happy buying. Chris---  Pictures can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/motoxdude24/myyamahavision.html?1106615742203

There are 11 pictures though, and if you have dial up, it may take a while to load.

jasonm.

Your alignment thing is either the forks are tweeked but not bent(easily repairable) or the lower tree is bent. Which takes a bit more time to fix to replace the lower triple tree.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

yamaha405

ok, that is what i was thinking myself, that the forks are just a little tweeked, i dont know where to begin though to try and fix them. im thinking i need to sell it now anyways, cuz i need money to fix up my new car. but thanks for the info. Chris---