any good Vision Mechanics in the Ventura CA area?

Started by clydo, September 11, 2005, 02:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clydo

Hi. I have an 82 Vision that needs it's carbs synch'ed, jetted and the electrical gone thru, and fuel pump changed maybe. I would love to do this but I don't have the time or know-how. The closest good mechanic I've found is Hollywood Motorcycles who have guys still working there on Yamaha's and Vision's since 82'. They seem like the best around but are 2 hrs away. Anyone know a good mechanic in the area, I've asked around the the local shops but it seems no one wants to work on and "old" bike anymore!
Also what's a good selling price for a well running Vision in good shape? Thank you.
C.

h2olawyer

clydo -

Welcome to the forum!

I think there are one or two Visionaries out your way who may be able to help you out.  I won't offer their services but I'm sure they'll be in contact in the next few days.

It's tough finding anyone to work on older bikes.  Especially dealers.  That's why this site is so great.  If you can find some time, the folks here will be more than happy to guide you through the procedures.  They're not really difficult but can be a bit time consuming.

As for value, that's kind of difficult to say without seeing it.  I've seen decent ones go for as little as $400 ~ $500 and really nice ones over $1500.  I think as this site gets better known & people find out how great these bikes really are, the prices may see a slight uptick.  They area great bike for people to get into motorcycling & learning how to wrench on them.

Good luck getting your V purring again!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

you probably will have a hard time finding anyone willing to work on it for a decent price. if your going to sell it after that, i doubt you'll get back what you paid for the repairs.  you might make out better selling it to someone who'll fix it up themselvs (with our help) but Please Don't part it out....
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

admin

heh, I could be...  if you cover airfare ;)
besides I haven't seen  my cousins in Ventura in eons. <grin>

-Ron

glennw

Cyldo,
I'm in Santa Barbara.. I'll help you with it.
I had Lucky rebuild my carbs, I can help you in what do and where to do and where to go locally. (here anyway) I've done 90% myself with the help of others this site. I paid $100.00 for mine 3 years ago. It is in order and works great now. PM me.
GlennW
Half Mad Max