News:

Main Menu

Turn Signal Relay

Started by crackerkorean, September 13, 2005, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

where is it and I can get a 10w one ??

Jimmy C.

I have a turn signal relay that I purchased, but didn't need. I realized that I had a short in my system instead of a shot relay, so I have one that I can sell you.
I don't know if it is a 10 watt or not, but it's the factory replacement anyway.

It's tucked in behind your coolant jug. It's a square plastic thing mounted in between your battery and coolant jug.

Let me know if you want it, because a brand new one will run you about $60 US, and you don't want to find out if the relay was the problem or not by changing it.

The e-mail should be in my profile.

Blake

If you're actually just talking about the "flasher" itself and not the cut off relay (long box).  then just go to an autoparts store and look for an electronic (variable load) flasher (bring yours to match up the prongs on the bottom.   More consistant flash rate and only costs about 10 bucks.   

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

steve

I was told by several mechanics that my flasher was dead and could be replaced to make the turn signals work.  However I was reluctant to spend the $70 for a new stock flasher.  A local wrecker had several with the same part number (nippondenso FU257CD) for $5.  This wasn't  the problem.  The system uses 27w bulbs and someone had put 10w bulbs.  It won't work.  I found the right bulbs and voila, turn signals!

crackerkorean

I found an alternate solution to my problem instead of changing out the relay I will just use the proper 27w bulbs. This will also yeild a brighter turn signal so that works for me.

I am trying to hold off as much as possible and when it the bike gets fixed to show pics of a before and after.