News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

82 Vision Tires

Started by PlumberKhan, May 11, 2005, 06:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlumberKhan

I'm having trouble finding tires for my Vision (which I picked up 2 days ago). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ziggy_co

Hi :)..... The vision takes 110/90 18 on the rear, and it came with 90/90 18 on the front.  I have Dunlop 491 elites on mine which has a 100/90 18 for the front.  Granted it is a little bigger, but works just fine for me.  I got mine online, at a place called motodepot.com.  There are many different tires out there that will work.  Good luck!  and God bless!!..........Ziggy ::)

h2olawyer

Get as high quality tires as your budget allows.  Look at Metzeler Lazertec & Me33,  Avon Super Venom & Roadrunner, or Dunlop Sport Demon.  The 100/90/18 is the stock size for the 83 Vision and is a recommended upgrade for the 82.  Most 90/90/18s are not as robust as the 100/90/18.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lead_Deficiency

Coincidence?  I talked to the pirelli/metzeler factory rep today.

Metzeler have the Lazer Tech for front and rear ( you have to get the 120 for the rear) and they have newer compound than the Pirelli's. The pirelli sport demons have been out for about 4 years and are older technology. So the rep suggested the Lazer Techs.

LD

hfarley

Ok i have a question regarding the tires. As you know I have the spare bike now. I still haven't finished dismanteling it nor have I put the tires from it on my vision.  I know my vision has the upgraded size tires I am not sure about the spare bike I have to go back and check because I forget.  When you do the upgrade are there any changes that have to be made to any part of the bike? Or is it just take one tire off and slap the new tire on? Remember I am new at this and this will be the first time I am doing this so please be very specific if I need to do more than just put the new tire on.
Thanks!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

h2olawyer

Heather -

Going to the upgrade (83) tire size requires no changes to the bike.  The 100/90/18 front fits inside the 82 fender just fine & actually improves the look - at least to me).  That was the first replacement part I ever put on my V.  The 110/90/18 rear is the same size in either 82 or 83.  You can substitute a 120/90/18 on the rear with no problems but it tends to slow down the V's handling (ability to turn into corners) a bit.

Hope this explanation helps a little.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.