News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

'82 Keyster Kit News (?)

Started by Night Vision, October 17, 2005, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

Starting to reassemble the front carb tonite,? and heeding Lucky's advice about keeping the rear main jet, I took my (newly purchased - just to see jet sizes - wally world - bifocal - about $5) magnifying glass and low and behold (almost) all the jets were the [suggested / oem] right sizes!!!!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!???

The kit had .... hope I get the? terminology right.......the (front carb) 122.5 rear main jet..... a 127.5 rear main jet for the rear rear carb (now a spare jet because I'm doing the front carb)...... a "09" front pilot jet (the one underneath the float bowl, same as I had)........? the pilot screw (idle air / fuel mixture factory sealed bugger w/ associated o-ring, washer, spring, screw)....... a new inlet (float needle) needle, valve and seat with a cool o-ring and screen for the bottom that my original didn't have...... drain screw w/ o-ring..... and .... and.... ooohhh most......

A 130 PILOT AIR JET
(the one on top of the venturi) pretty darn close 'enuf.? I may go to the 135,? but as far as I could decipher the numbers on the old one... it was either a 120 or a "021"??!!! I swear that 2 looked upside down if it did say 120...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

pretty close: the pilot fuel jets are #60, not "09", lol (unless your keyboard was upside down?)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

It's funny you mention the magnifying glass.  I've always had good eyes up until the last few years where my one eye has decided to semi retire.  I tried a 127.5 and 130 in mine for a little but noticed no diffrence.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Night Vision

yeah, it hit me this morning after I posted that last night that the "09" was probably a "60" just like the 021 / 120. What do expect for a guy that's blind in one eye and can't see out of the other and only $5?????

I don't have that large screen electron microscope some else mentioned.

I do have access to a 36" plotter so I can blow those carb schematics up. Works great laying out parts after disassembly.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Superfly

I kept the main jets at 122.5, and 127.5, and run 135 main air jets, and noticed a difference.  Bike ran a bit warmer too.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

i use a jewlers loupe.  sometimes smearing something dirty over the numbers helps bring them out.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black