News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

YUASA batteries

Started by Walt_M., January 16, 2005, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

Started to go for a ride yesterday, 60 degrees and clear. Hit the starter, had a backfire. Hit it again, had a 'bang', all the lights went out and no more starter. The battery opened up, it was only 18 mos old. I paid nearly $60 for it and I am not pleased. Hate to say it but I am going to WalMart for a cheapo and will not feel guilty at all.
Whale oil beef hooked!

QBS

Yuasa batteries are a rip off.  Period.  Buy cheapest you can find.  Start it off right.  When not riding, ALWAYS have it connected to your Battery Tender Jr.  Live long and prosper.

Cheers.

Sable

I've been getting by with my cheep wally world battery all season... and if it dies on me before the year is up... back to wally world to get a free replacement... how can you go wrong with that ;D
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

louthepou

I tend to agree. Even a cheap battery, when maintained properly, will last a long time.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

jasonm.

Yuasa had a bad run of batteries about 8 years ago. They only recalled the ones in Hondas. But all others were left out there for the consumer to get screwed. No Yuasa for me. And the problem was the same..."they would open up". My Kmart battery lasted me 7+ years. I never got more than 4 out of a Yuasa when I did use them.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Humber

I had the same problem when I restored my bike. Yuasa was the first I installed and it went bad after a season. My bike just didn't have power to crank, I thought it had been the stator but fortunately it hadn't Then I switched to BOSH, a very good battery that could have lasted long. But I killed it myself because I forgot to refill it twice or more in hot schorching days.

The present owner of my bike bought her with the old Bosh but I told him that he had to change the battery at right if he wanted to keep her charging sound. I begged him not to buy Yuasa but he did...... let's see how long they will live together;)))

nie ma podpis?w

Walt_M.

Got my wally world $35 battery on Fri. Got it filled and charged, she fired right up! Took her for a ride Saturday morning, a little foggy and 60 degrees when I started out, even hit a little rain but still a good day. I had an errand for my job, had to download some relay fault data at a site 45 mi from my house. My boss said it could wait until Monday but there's a cold front coming and it could be in the 20s Monday morning. Anyway, it was a good ride.
Whale oil beef hooked!