Intake boots?? correct name i dunno??

Started by tattooedtaz69, October 27, 2005, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattooedtaz69

I got ALOT of cracks on my rubber intakes, I seen where some were saying you could repair them with tubes from a bike, I am in deep on this bike and not going to give up. Unless I get put in the dog house hehehe. That wont do it either. Any how has anyone done that and how long did they get away with that repair, and does anyone know how much they run IF you can get them?

kiawrench

ok, intake boots are a 5.00 fix.
go to lowes/home depot/ almost any auto parts place, buy a small can of "liquid electrical tape" .

pant the boots with two or three coats of this stuff and put them back on. will work indefinately after that, with a now and then touch up. cheap, neat easy ,  my kind of fix .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

tattooedtaz69

that sounds like a good fix to me....gonna get right on that one, easiest fix I have run across.

Lucky

the innertube fix is posted on my site, i heard it somewhere, never tried it, so disreguard it.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

tattooedtaz69

I should have known i seen it on your web site!! one day i wont be such a newbie hehehe. the one on your site seems like a good way too i think i will do one both ways and see which one holds up the best. I need both done so why not be the test taz ;D
i will let keep you posted on how the results come out.