News:

Main Menu

Ignition positions L&P

Started by vavision, November 01, 2005, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

I've been forgetting to ask this question forever. It's a great sign when all you need advice for on your Vision is a faded letter on the ignition. I'm assuming L stands for lock, is P for park? What does it do?

Ste
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Extent

Lock locks your bars when you've got them tilted all the way to the left, and P drains your battery flat... errr I mean turns on your parking lights :p  I've never found a use for it, but I've heard it's a legal requirement in some areas for the bike to be capable of that.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

vavision

Mine must be disabled. I thought it might have something to do with lights so I walked around it in P mode but nothing was on. Oh well. Would be a neat thing to hook some neon LED's to when I park it on the sidewalk at the movie theaters. Maybe the cops will think it's on display!   ;D
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

silicon_toad2000

No one I knew had any ideas why cars had to have parking lights either. I read through the rule book here in south oz and it says if your vehicle is parked on the street at night and is not clearly visible from 300meters away, you need to have the parkers on.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.