News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

XZ, XJ, XV

Started by kwells, May 11, 2005, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

I've heard Visions all referred to as these prefixes but what are the real differences in the bikes besides the letters?

Kevin
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

These are the model designations for the Vision, Seca / Maxim & Virago, respectively.  Mixups occur frequently - especially calling the Vision an XV because of its V-twin engine.

I'll assume everybody is familiar with the Vision.  The Seca was a sport oriented bike - generally competing with the Honda VFR Interceptor & Kawasaki GPz.  The Maxim was a cruiser style, based on the Seca powerplant.  The Virago was another Yamaha V-twin but entirely cruiser styled.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

To put it simply

XZ=Vision
XJ=Seca AND Maxim
XV=Virago, and now the V-Star (sorry H20 not the maxim)

The Maxim is refered to as XJ* Maxim with the "*" being the displacement ie: XJ650 Maxim  the Seca would be XJ650 Seca.  They are brothers, same drivetrain, though one is a cruiser, the other a sporty UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle)

:::EDIT:::

(sorry H20 not the maxim)  My bad, I read your first post wrong.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

h2olawyer

Could have been clearer - Seca/Maxim & Virago might have done it.  I meant it as you described, Rex.  Friends had each of those models.  Always liked the Vision best, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.