Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangathor

Hey, how come you guys have 2 topics going on this subject?    Maybe it's just the moderator in me, but it makes it hard to follow a conversation.

Either way, it's gonna be a great time.  We've already got 58 pages of post going over it.  We all love to ride and don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone rides.  Hope to tip a few cold ones with you guys and you can tell me how good my big rear tire looks from a distance.  ;D

Mutt

We're very complex people on this forum. We can do more than one thing at a time. Actually the one listed here should have been listed under "goin riding" which was re-listed there by Motorplow. I listed it in the wrong place to start with.

We're looking forward to riding the Dragon again. We did it last summer with only 4 visions. Of all the dates we could have picked we went on Miata weekend (last weekend in July). We hope to have at least 3 more Visions this time if not more.

Well my 7 almost 8 year old son just peeked over my shoulder and saw your bike. He said "COOOOOL!" so you definately got his approval and of course I would have to agree. NICE BIKE!

Look forward to having a few cold ones you guys. I'll tell you about your rear tire and you can tell me what it was like to be passed by a bell ringing vespa, I mean Vision.? ::)

Mutt? :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

Oh Yeah, this is going to be fun! I wonder if the Warrior guys trailer their bikes in or actually ride them? PS2, are you ready for another 1400 mile trip on the Vision?

Mutt

If you want to see what these warrior bikes are really good at, click on SANGATHOR'S colorful logo and check out the videos. They can make smiley faces on the pavement.? :)

Mutt

ps2/bikevision

you know im up for it. im still trying to get some buddies to go down with me. they are too scared to make the trip on bikes, they want to trailer them down so it may be another ride alone down but i dont care i enjoy the peace of the open road and no one yelling for a pit stop in the middle of a prime piece of road. or 1 mile past the last gas station in town.

i like road trips with friends as long as they like to ride hard and can keep up.

MotorPlow

Quote from: Mutt on December 19, 2005, 02:31:59 PM
If you want to see what these warrior bikes are really good at, click on SANGATHOR'S colorful logo and check out the videos. They can make smiley faces on the pavement.? :)

Mutt

I guess that's where the handling of their bikes feels the best. It's either that or 25mph going back and forth on main street, looking to see if anyone is looking at them. All joking a side, I like the Warrior's styling and sound when running, just don't think it is the type of bike I would own.

MotorPlow

We need to find out where we are staying...
This is posted on the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort website (The place we stayed last time)

"There are no vacancies for the following dates: April 21-23, May 4-6, May 10-13, May 17-22, May 24. Please also note: June is beginning to fill fast, so please call and make reservations soon at 800-889-5550."

Any thoughts on where to stay? Try someplace different?

sangathor

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 19, 2005, 03:31:15 AM
Oh Yeah, this is going to be fun! I wonder if the Warrior guys trailer their bikes in or actually ride them?

There might be a few trailers in our group, but mostly we ride ours.  We do have a few people coming from as far as New Hampshire, Texas, Arizona and California and some of those guys are trailering.  As for me, I only put mine on a trailer when someone runs me over.  I always ride to and from, it's part of the adventure.  Here's a pic of mine two years ago, right before I left on my 575 mile trip to the Dragon.  By time I got home I had logged over 1600 miles on her.

Quote from: Mutt on December 19, 2005, 02:31:59 PM
If you want to see what these warrior bikes are really good at, click on SANGATHOR'S colorful logo and check out the videos. They can make smiley faces on the pavement.  :)

Mutt

Yep, if you click on my signature graphic, you will find my video page.  It's got lots of videos from our gatherings, including several of my smilie faces.    The bike's a riot but for some reason, I've put on 8 rear tires in just under 16,000 miles.    ???

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 19, 2005, 04:29:02 PM
I guess that's where the handling of their bikes feels the best. It's either that or 25mph going back and forth on main street, looking to see if anyone is looking at them. All joking a side, I like the Warrior's styling and sound when running, just don't think it is the type of bike I would own.

Don't be fooled by it's size, the Warrior will out handle any cruiser out there. It's all aluminum frame and swing arm make it a pretty lean 650 lbs.  Not bad for a 1700cc.   It will lean over 40 degrees before hitting anything solid.  I've got scraped up pegs, mounts, exhaust, frame and 1/4 inch chicken strips that will prove this bike can lean.   And with over a 100 lbs of torque, stock, it will really power out of the turns.  (And lay a 50 foot patch if your not careful) On the Dragon, with a skilled rider,  only a sportbike can pass it. 

You don't have to take my word for it, either.  This is one of our group, Cruisemissle riding the dragon.

And here's a shot of Xharley

Both shots taken at the Dragon by Killboy.

As for 25 mph back and forth.  LOL, I only see 25 briefly in first gear on my way up to it's top speed of 135 mph indicated.  Yes, It's not just a number from a book, I've been there many times.

BTW, thanks MotorPlow for locking the other thread.  I was losing my mind trying to keep up with both.

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 19, 2005, 04:57:38 PM
We need to find out where we are staying...
This is posted on the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort website (The place we stayed last time)

"There are no vacancies for the following dates: April 21-23, May 4-6, May 10-13, May 17-22, May 24. Please also note: June is beginning to fill fast, so please call and make reservations soon at 800-889-5550."

Any thoughts on where to stay? Try someplace different?

Our group is mainly staying at the Kickstand, Ironhorse and Two-Wheel Inn.  Their are lots of other campgrounds still available.  The Resort fills up fast.  Not sure why, I certainly wouldn't want to stay there.  Way to close to all the traffic.

Anyways, I appreciate you guys letting me crash your crashing thread.  I'm sorry if I rambled on about the Warrior.  After almost 4 years, I'm still pretty passionate about it.   I get that way with bikes, though.  I loved my old Virago before this bike.  I'd still be riding it, too, if someone hadn't left turned in front of me and killed it.

Are you guys just coming for the weekend?  We'll be down there the whole week before.  Hope to see you there, I'll be the orange blur.

Whoooohoooo, is it April yet????

MotorPlow

I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Sometimes I think my bike wants to be a Warrior when it grows up. I would really like it to grow up into a respectable Triumph Sprint ST, but gotta let the kids follow their own dreams...

I will probably ride down from Virginia on Thursday and run it hard on Friday and run it a little less hard on Saturday & Sunday when the traffic is heaviest. Maybe take a couple of loop tours away from Rt129 on the weekend days. Who knows see what happens when I get there. Although the accomendations are pretty bear at the Resort, the entertainment after the sun goes down is fun, especially after a few beers. Then I don't have to ride anywhere after having a few.

Welcome to our little spot on the internet. Visitors are always welcome.

Mutt

Looking at the way it's already filled up I think we ought to go ahead and get our name on the rooms. Maybe start a fresh thread and find out who all is going for sure at this point. What you think Motorplow/PS2 ???

Mutt

crackerkorean

I think I will make a long day of it.
Where would I be able to park. I am not srue If I want to ride the bike that far. (still learning and all)

Depending on arrangements might have to skip out unfortunetly.
What is the latests on teh VIsion meet do we have rooms reserved for that?

Blake

Can't say for certain whether or not i'll be able to attend.. but if push comes to shove i can always throw my tent on the back of the bike and find an empty cave to crash  in :)

I wonder if they'll charge me to set up a tent in the parking lot?  haha

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

ps2/bikevision

im in as long as the weather will be nice. ill be riding in from sothern michigan and with the lack of blood flow in the colder temps it makes it rather hard to ride in the cold even with the heated grips.

and blake, i do belive they charge to pitch a tent. not much though and they have showers and utlities avable to campers. the acomadiations were rather nice compared to some of the places if stayed in the past.

Mutt

Naaaa I like the plushness of the rooms. I think it's the checker flag floor that does it for me. Or maybe it's the way the shower curtain keeps sticking to your arse while your in the shower. No mints on the pillow last time though!

Mutt

sangathor

My forum just went down.  What's shaking over here?  You guys still talking about trailering, rooms and beds?  Is this the gold wing forum?  All you need is a tent and a sleeping bag.  Some of the best times on trips like this can be had sitting around a campfire and tipping a few with friends.

Mutt

Quote from: sangathor on December 21, 2005, 08:17:03 PM
My forum just went down.? What's shaking over here?? You guys still talking about trailering, rooms and beds?? Is this the gold wing forum?? All you need is a tent and a sleeping bag.? Some of the best times on trips like this can be had sitting around a campfire and tipping a few with friends.

No no no...not talking about trailering, rooms and beds. That's for candy asses
(self-adjust, spits? :P). Acutally I think camping is the way to go. I believe camping is what we ought to do this time. What you think Motorplow, PS2??? And no more of that
Boone's Farm Tickle Pink crap this time.

Will there be a place I can plug in my hair dryer? ;D

Mutt

Mutt

Quote from: crackerkorean on December 19, 2005, 09:28:08 PM
I think I will make a long day of it.
Where would I be able to park. I am not srue If I want to ride the bike that far. (still learning and all)

Depending on arrangements might have to skip out unfortunetly.
What is the latests on teh VIsion meet do we have rooms reserved for that?

You can park where ever we decide to camp. There's plenty of room at the gap resort.

Mutt

kiawrench

sangathor.. your friends must like having opposing traffic shut down for those stunt rides. i have been on dragon more than many, on several different bikes, never once have i leaned a bike lie those guys. Mostly due to the oncoming traffic that shows up from heaven knows where!.
    i ate a good section of dirt there last year, due to a mechanical fault, so dont count on me riding against the warrior bikes, will ride with you instead.

but once i get used to the new bike,, may just have to see if i cn ride against one or five of them, lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Blake

Quote from: Mutt on December 21, 2005, 08:58:57 PM
And no more of that Boone's Farm Tickle Pink crap this time.

AHAHAHA..  Well Said.  I'll bring the whiskey and we'll have a hell of a time!

And Kia..

I'm`not trying to start any flaming from the Warrior guys..(actually was thinking of trading the v-star in for it before i picked up the caddy)..

But Kia..  Its not really all that hard/ intentional to lean cruisers that far.  On my V-star, and my fathers roadstar and his current Intruder 1500, I wouldnt even try and i would scrape the pegs going around turns.  because of theyre low center of gravity you really dont have to be going that fast-just need to put a little extra lean and a little less steering into it.  It's actually pretty fun ;D except when you forget your footpegs are quite low (even did it on forward controled/raised floorboards) and get that sudden scraping and jolt  ;D
But yeah.. scraping pegs on a cruiser while "cool looking" and pretty fun for the esteem, isnt all that bad.  Again, not trying to start some war (i noticed a big difference between this board and you guys..haha.. you're coming over here trying to intimidate us and we're pretty laid back and in for the ride, not the race)... ;D  in the end..dont we all win at the celebration??  ;D

Im all for the racing.. but keeping it on the track.  i've seen my share of buddies bite the dust from trying to push it too hard on unpredictable roads.

but speaking of tracks Sangathor..  I hear you guys are taking it to the drag strip huh?   ::)  that's a nice safe place for a little friendly yamaha competition  ;D

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

DarkStar

OK.....since MY Forum is down and out I decided to come on over and intorduce myself. I am another Moderator from www.rswarrior.com and I will be at the Dragon in April with Sangathor and 60+ other Warrior Rider's. I will be "Riding" my Warrior down from NH with truck and trailer pulling up the rear. I will be stopping at waypoints along the route to pick up other Warrior Rider's and should be rolling in with 20+ Warrior Rider's and assorted other bikes. I know there is plenty of room still available at the KickStand. Go to www.kickstandlodge.com and go to the Calendar of Events you folks can register under our Group and they will put you, who want to camp in with us in our area. They also have cabins available if you need to be off the ground. This is an Official invite from us Warrior Rider's to you folks. Now, how the hell do I post a picture of my Warrior on this site ??? Steve, help a brother out and post a nice picture of my Warrior. Thanks Brother!