News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Quote from: DarkStar on December 22, 2005, 08:51:37 AM
OK.....since MY Forum is down and out I decided to come on over and intorduce myself. I am another Moderator from www.rswarrior.com and I will be at the Dragon in April with Sangathor and 60+ other Warrior Rider's. I will be "Riding" my Warrior down from NH with truck and trailer pulling up the rear. I will be stopping at waypoints along the route to pick up other Warrior Rider's and should be rolling in with 20+ Warrior Rider's and assorted other bikes. I know there is plenty of room still available at the KickStand. Go to www.kickstandlodge.com and go to the Calendar of Events you folks can register under our Group and they will put you, who want to camp in with us in our area. They also have cabins available if you need to be off the ground. This is an Official invite from us Warrior Rider's to you folks. Now, how the hell do I post a picture of my Warrior on this site ??? Steve, help a brother out and post a nice picture of my Warrior. Thanks Brother!

Thanks Dark Star. It's official now, we're no longer crashers!  ;D
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

I think camping is the way to go and why not camp at the KickStand. I think that will be fun. I have a tent and ready to use it. I think this is where you will find me... Camping at the KickStand.? Besides, I was actually skeered to go into the Bathroom/Shower facility at the Motorcycle Resort. Really didn't know what was lurking in there.

Hey Warrior Moderators, How come you won't let me register at your Forum. I can't seem to post to your site unless I am registered and I haven't received my confirmation email from you so I can't post. I have been waiting patiently for about 4 or 5 days now for that email and nothing.

Enjoy,
~MotorPlow

sangathor

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 22, 2005, 01:35:14 PM

Hey Warrior Moderators, How come you won't let me register at your Forum. I can't seem to post to your site unless I am registered and I haven't received my confirmation email from you so I can't post. I have been waiting patiently for about 4 or 5 days now for that email and nothing.

Enjoy,
~MotorPlow

MotorPlow, our database is currently being moved to another server and we are having some technical difficulties.  For a while there, new registrations were suspended.  It should all be cleaned up now.  Sorry about that,  try it again.

Quote from: Blake on December 21, 2005, 11:10:24 PM
[
I'm`not trying to start any flaming from the Warrior guys..(actually was thinking of trading the v-star in for it before i picked up the caddy)..

But Kia..  Its not really all that hard/ intentional to lean cruisers that far.  On my V-star, and my fathers roadstar and his current Intruder 1500, I wouldnt even try and i would scrape the pegs going around turns.  because of theyre low center of gravity you really dont have to be going that fast-just need to put a little extra lean and a little less steering into it.  It's actually pretty fun ;D except when you forget your footpegs are quite low (even did it on forward controled/raised floorboards) and get that sudden scraping and jolt  ;D
But yeah.. scraping pegs on a cruiser while "cool looking" and pretty fun for the esteem, isnt all that bad.  Again, not trying to start some war (i noticed a big difference between this board and you guys..haha.. you're coming over here trying to intimidate us and we're pretty laid back and in for the ride, not the race)... ;D  in the end..dont we all win at the celebration??  ;D

Im all for the racing.. but keeping it on the track.  i've seen my share of buddies bite the dust from trying to push it too hard on unpredictable roads.

but speaking of tracks Sangathor..  I hear you guys are taking it to the drag strip huh?   ::)  that's a nice safe place for a little friendly yamaha competition  ;D

Blake

No offense taken.  Actually, we are all fairly laid back and just like to have a good time.  We just came over here to have a little fun with you after we found out you were planning on "crashing" our shin-dig.  Since we welcome all comers, it seemed pretty funny to us.  In the end, it doesn't really matter who get's there first.  Yeah, we like to twist the throttle sometimes, but that doesn't mean we ride like that everytime we leave the driveway.  As far as scraping on a cruiser goes, sure it's easy, on most of them.  The Warrior was built for handling (for a cruiser) and leans a lot farther than others before scraping.  You really have to try one, sometime.  You shouldn't judge it by other cruisers, cause they're just not in the same ballpark.

I've been through the Dragon several times and I may joke around about it, but I do respect it.  It's the only road I've that I've been on that scares the crap out of me and makes my want to turn around and ride it again.

As for the track, you are correct.  We have rented out an 1/8th mile dragstrip for an afternoon to play on.  I've had my bike on a 1/4 track before, but never an 1/8th.  Should be a lot of fun.

Would be great if you guys camped out at the Kickstand.  The more the merrier.  here's the link to our forum's discussion of  this trip.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31438

Darkstar, the only way I've figured out to post a pic here is to host it somewhere else and reference the link here in between img tags.

Here's a pic of Darkstar's ride.  As if these bikes weren't fast enough, he's bored his out ot 108 cubic inches with lots of other goodies on the inside.

Mutt

Actually the whole "Party Crashing" thing was my idea. Of course it was just an expression. I'm actually glad you came to our site for the invite. However, it was no coincidence that I picked to crash your guys party. I mean I don't see us fitting in with the Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Harley guys. I wanted to be with our OWN KIND! Yamaha folks. Too, I think your bikes are going to add a certain
bling-bling to our little group.? :)

DarkStar

Thanks Steve..........Still beside myself trying to understand the Hosting at another site than linking........ ??? ???

ps2/bikevision

i dont know about hanging with such clean and shinny bikes. might make us look like the bastard cousin that just drug a heap out to go riding. (well except for mutt, whose bike looks like new still. you suck.)

lol  ;D

just kidding mutt, but your bike does make me want to go out and shine mine up. the tank and covers i can clean up, but after sitting out side for who know how many years before i got it, has fadded everthing. i have no idea how to bring it back to like new condition.

Blake

Damn..

with bikes that shiney.. i think it's going to be time to whip out the rattle can again and do some touch-up  ;D

Camping definately sounds like the way to go!   I do a lot around here in the Blue Ridge and I'm definately prepared for it.  Just promise not to laugh when i come prepared with everything including the kitchen sink!

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Mutt

Quote from: ps2 on December 23, 2005, 11:05:39 AM
i dont know about hanging with such clean and shinny bikes. might make us look like the bastard cousin that just drug a heap out to go riding. (well except for mutt, whose bike looks like new still. you suck.)

lol? ;D

just kidding mutt, but your bike does make me want to go out and shine mine up. the tank and covers i can clean up, but after sitting out side for who know how many years before i got it, has fadded everthing. i have no idea how to bring it back to like new condition.

Maybe it will rain. Then you can break out the old green scrub pad and go to it? ;D.

Mutt

ps2/bikevision

naugh now i got those little windex wipes i carry to clean the visior and found they make the bike shine pretty good. also lets the rain run off better.

Blake

Rain?!?

Sweet!  Then i wouldnt have to wash the bike for another 6 months!

Heck.  I'll even play double duty and whip out the soap and give myself a shower while washing the bike!

What a show! ;D

Just being "Efficient"

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Mutt

Quote from: Blake on December 23, 2005, 11:51:02 PM
Rain?!?

Sweet!? Then i wouldnt have to wash the bike for another 6 months!

Heck.? I'll even play double duty and whip out the soap and give myself a shower why washing the bike!

What a show! ;D

Just being "Efficient"

Blake

Refined college kids! Engineers are taught to be efficient though.

Mutt

Blake

HAHA.  that's not the engineer showing.  That's the cheap college kid who thinks a few cents saved on the water bill will give me a few more miles worth of gas in the vision...

Sometimes you just have to figure out whats more important.. ;D

Mutt

Quote from: Blake on December 24, 2005, 03:07:10 PM
HAHA.? that's not the engineer showing.? That's the cheap college kid who thinks a few cents saved on the water bill will give me a few more miles worth of gas in the vision...

Sometimes you just have to figure out whats more important.. ;D

Well at least your saving for gas and not beer, right??? haha!  :D

MotorPlow

Here is a little more incentive for the April Party Crash:

http://www.infomatrix.net/Dragon_demo.wmv

It's a trip through the Dragon with the background music set to Queen's "One Vision".

~MP

sangathor

Great video for getting a feel for the road.  Seemed like the camera man let himself go a little left of center a few times.  That will get your arms and legs re-arranged on that road.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 29, 2005, 01:39:11 AM
Here is a little more incentive for the April Party Crash:

It's a trip through the Dragon with the background music set to Queen's "One Vision".

~MP

If it had bigger trees, berry bushes, tighter turns and elevation changes, it could be my ride to work   ;D
...and rain, it needs rain ;D

Have fun in April.
;)
coil

MotorPlow

Quote from: sangathor on December 29, 2005, 01:43:41 AM
Great video for getting a feel for the road.? Seemed like the camera man let himself go a little left of center a few times.? That will get your arms and legs re-arranged on that road.

I very much agree! The 1st time I saw him cross the center line, I cringed. One of the times, not more than a few seconds later, a car passes him in the opposite direction. I don't know who made this video, I found it at www.whybike.com

And yes Coil, you can't really see it in the video, but a lot of the turns are extremely tight and there are elevation changes. In fact, one of the hairpin turns is called "Gravity Cavity".  ... And, the last time I was there... It rained and rained hard.

Mutt

"Gravity Cavity" caused me to re-adjust my suspension on the return trip to the resort. This video is actually starting at the dam overlook and heading back to the resort on the NC side. That first big turn to the right looks like the cavity although I'm not sure. The camber of the road is very deceiving and will decrease your clearance very quickly if you get to close to the shoulder side of the road. Truckers have gotten stuck on "Gravity Cavity" so you can imagine the short and steep elevation difference between the tandem cab wheels and the trailer wheels. Couple that with a hairpin curve and you got the cavity. Low boy trailers really mess up the pavement there too. Good quality video but it really doesn't do it justice. Can't wait to get back in April!

Mutt

sangathor

Quote from: Mutt on December 29, 2005, 08:31:30 AM
This video is actually starting at the dam overlook and heading back to the resort on the NC side.

Mutt

It's been 2 years since I've been down there, but isn't the overlook  on the other side of the street when he starts out, facing the camera?   Then he turns right and goes downhill.  I thought that was going back towards TN.  Isn't it a uphill grade going back to NC from that spot?  Sure looks like they are going downhill.  Not that it matters, I just thought it was the other way around.

Mutt

After further review from the booth, they are heading toward NC. If he had turned left he would have gone down hill a shorter distance and in to an immediate left turn. It's a short run to the curve going down hill. It's a fairly straight shot for several hundred yards going up hill. The video doesn't show the hill that well but it is uphill. From this camera angle both sides look the same. I found a photo where we are parked on the dam side of the overlook and our mopeds bikes are facing NC. Notice the power lines in the back ground run in front of us. When the camera guy leaves you can see he goes under the power lines.

Mutt